What's new

Pre-Order Paramount Presents! Blue Hawaii (1961) (4k UHD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
322549_front.jpg

Newly restored in 4K Ultra HD, Elvis Presley’s beloved 1961 classic BLUE HAWAII arrives as part of the collectible Paramount Presents line on both 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray™ for the first time ever November 15, 2022!

Enjoy this rollicking Technicolor musical in ultra-crisp 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision™ and HDR-10. Fully restored from the original 35mm camera negative,BLUE HAWAII looks more spectacular than ever with every colorful costume and vivid Hawaiian background brought to life. The first of three films that Elvis shot in Hawaii, BLUE HAWAII celebrated the brand-new exotic state and features the massive hit song “Can’t Help Falling In Love,” which was certified platinum.

For the restoration, the original negative was scanned in 4K/16bit, however the opening title sequence was very grainy because it originally used duped film. That sequence was completely rebuilt using the original film elements from the Paramount library. Brand new text overlays were created for a truly spectacular opening sequence befitting this delightful film.

The Paramount Presents BLUE HAWAII release includes the film on both 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc™ and on Blu-ray, as well as access to a digital copy of the film. The Blu-ray additionally includes the original theatrical trailer and the following new bonus content:

• Commentary by historian James L. Neibaur
  • Blue Hawaii Photo Scrapbook—contains high-res images from the Paramount archives, including behind-the-scenes shots

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
When I was in Hawaii in 2001, on a late afternoon visit to Kapiolani Park Beach, we discovered that they had a film program each week in the park where you could watch movies on a huge screen, and not only could you watch them on the beach, you could even watch from in the ocean. The Pacific Ocean! So for about an hour we watched the rest of the movie they were showing that day, Blue Hawaii. Lots of Hawaiians were there, not just tourists, and they enjoyed it even more than us haoles! What an experience.

We were not going to be there for the following week's movie, but can you imagine watching this film in the ocean:
Titanic! I would have done it. (Maybe not for over 3 hrs., but the last hour and a half!)

After watching Blue Hawaii we went off to the Royal Hawaiian and had Blue Hawaii cocktails! I shall be getting this!

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I wish/hope that a blu-ray only edition will be offered as I resent the notion of paying extra due to the presence of a 4K disc that is as useful to me as a drink coaster. If this is it, I'll be willing to pay as much I did for other Paramount Presents releases like Back to the Beach, The Sheik, The Greatest Show on Earth, and The Court Jester - let's say about the twenty dollar price point plus or minus a dollar or two. If the price never descends to that point, I'll just stick with my DVD.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I bought the 4k hdr10/Dolby vision stream not too long ago. Looks and sounds great.

The streaming version is DD plus though, not Atmos.

Justin Ray

Second Unit
Real Name
Justin Ray
Two questions:

1) Anyone know if Blue Hawaii will be the last Paramount Presents title of 2022?
2) Anyone have news regarding the major slowdown in Presents releases this year? Year 1 (2020)- 12 releases, Year 2 (2021)- 17 releases, Year 3 (2022)- 7 releases, including Blue Hawaii

DarkVader

Second Unit
Real Name
Carlos
I will definitely be getting this. This was a childhood favorite of mine. It's interesting how the Paramount Presents line is all over the place. I don't understand why they just didn't release the 4K of "Fatal Attraction" as a Paramount Presents title and instead chose to release it as a standard blu-ray and then release a 4K separately.

If I was Paramount I would have reserved the Paramount Presents line for 4K releases.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I just read about the redone opening titles.
Sorry, but I can't stand it when there is ANY kind of alteration in films.
Pity, I wanted to buy this..

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
For the restoration, the original negative was scanned in 4K/16bit, however the opening title sequence was very grainy because it originally used duped film. That sequence was completely rebuilt using the original film elements from the Paramount library. Brand new text overlays were created for a truly spectacular opening sequence befitting this delightful film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was wondering because the opening credits look beautiful on the 4K/Dolby Vision digital that I just watched.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gigaspin88
Recent bookmarks