What's new

PARAMOUNT: Will You Ever Release These Titles on Blu-ray... (1 Viewer)

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Well, taking a cue from the Universal thread, thought I'd start a Paramount thread with one movie I just finished watching on DVD and would look great with a properly-done Blu transfer:

My Friend Irma (1949): The first movie adaptation of the famous radio show by the same name featuring on-screen blonde bombshell Marie Wilson, equally stunning blonde bombshell Diana Lynn and the cinematic debut (and some say stole the show) of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.
Wiki Article on My Friend Irma.

My Friend Irma Goes West (1950): The immediate sequel to My Friend Irma and the only sequel that the comedy team of Lewis & Martin ever made.

MyFriendIrma_Movie.jpg

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Dear Paramount,

How about these on BD?

The Sons of Katie Elder (1965)
Donovan's Reef (1963)
In Harms Way (1965)
Wake Island (1942)
Five Graves to Cairo (1943)
The Greatest Show On Earth (1952)
Roman Holiday (1953)
Nevada Smith (1966)
Is Paris Burning? (1966)
Darling Lili (1970)
Black Sunday (1977)
Foul Play (1978)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It would be helpful if we knew which Paramount titles are currently licensed to Warner Bros. so that we could send our requests to the right studio!

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Dick said:
It would be helpful if we knew which Paramount titles are currently licensed to Warner Bros. so that we could send our requests to the right studio!
Here's my trick (not 100% but close I believe). I look at the most recent DVD release and that will pretty much tell you who has rights to most catalog titles for BD release.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
No idea what's taking the Martin/Lewis movies so long. I imagine we might get a blu-ray....eventually.

I expect a very long wait though.
ahollis said:
The Warner agreement is for 600 titles. That is a huge number.
Also no way to know how many they plan to bring to blu-ray or just re-release on DVD. We'd be lucky if 50 of those made it to blu-ray let alone have the proper HD scanning done.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
JoHud said:
No idea what's taking the Martin/Lewis movies so long. I imagine we might get a blu-ray....eventually.I expect a very long wait though..
Hopefully we'll get decent Blu-Ray sets while Jerry Lewis is still with us.You can add to that list:Artists & Models (1955)Way Way Out (1966)

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Stephen_J_H said:
Dragonslayer?
According to the specs for the DVD currently being sold on Amazon, Warner Bros. has this title now.

DRAGONSLAYER

is currently the title I most want to see on Blu-ray. Warner Bros. is the culprit if it doesn't get done.
Let's that it will turn up in the predicted flood of catalog Blu's from them next year.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
-the Naked Gun sequels
-Top Secret! (including the Easter egg featuring the bookstore scene the way it was originally shot)
-Brain Donors
-The Parallax View
-Black Sunday
-Explorers
-The Ghost and the Darkness
-Young Sherlock Holmes
-more Jerry Lewis titles
-The President's Analyst

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I know we have posted a Paramount/Warner wish list thread already elsewhere.

This is a little redundant, but I'll play along and repeat the Paramount titles that
I am most looking forward to...

Foul Play
The Court Jester
Heaven Can Wait
Top Secret!
Jerry Lewis
Paper Moon

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
The ones I want most are THE PARALLAX VIEW, BLACK SUNDAY, THE DAY OF THE LOCUST and THE KEEP. It's beyond my comprehension why we haven't gotten the NAKED GUN sequels or TOP SECRET in Blu. Hell, I'll even take RAT RACE!

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Mark Cappelletty said:
The ones I want most are THE PARALLAX VIEW, BLACK SUNDAY, THE DAY OF THE LOCUST and THE KEEP. It's beyond my comprehension why we haven't gotten the NAKED GUN sequels or TOP SECRET in Blu. Hell, I'll even take RAT RACE!
I have the (unsubstantiated) belief that THE PARALLAX VIEW will come from Criterion. It's right up their alley. Judging from the rather crumby DVD, it might take a lot of work too get it up to Blu standards.

donidarko

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Donnie
Heaven Can Wait, Day of the Locust, Lifeguard, Black Sunday, Lipstick, The Brady Bunch Movie, The First Wives Club, Sabrina (1995), What Lies Beneath, Chicken Run, Testament, The Big Bus, Bug, Desperate Characters, War of the Worlds, Ordinary People, First Monday in October, I'm Dancing as fast as I Can, The Dead Zone, The Elephant Man, Looking for Mr. Goodbar, Little Darlings, Atlantic City, Urban Cowboy, Serial, Starting Over, The Longest Yard (1975), Don't Look Now, Mommie Dearest, The Fan (1981), Explorers, Some Kind of Wonderful, Pretty in Pink, Children of a Lesser God, The Accused, Murder on the Orient Express, The Out-of-Towners....The list is endless!!!! Some of these are major classics.....Why why why aren't some of these available?I can't wait forever...been purchasing HD films from amazon to TIVO.I'll be dead by the time they get around to releasing their classics.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks