What's new

Paramount Celebrates Centennial with contest and a PEEK at new Blu-rays on the way..... (1 Viewer)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I'm sitting here trying to come to grips with the fact that, for whatever reason, I never saw Clue.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I find Murder by Death a much funnier film than Clue, but that's simply because everyone's funny bone reacts to different stimuli. I'd certainly be the first in line to buy a Blu of Murder by Death.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I don't know -- naming CLUE in with those other titles is like saying, "ROSEMARY'S BABY, THE DUELLISTS, DRAGONSLAYER, HATARI!, SUNSET BOULEVARD and...THE BAD NEWS BEARS GO TO JAPAN. Btw, I think the first five titles I mentioned are more worthy of inclusion than all but maybe one or two that Paramount has lined up.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
TravisR said:
Am I the only one who is surprised by the amount of love for Clue here? I've always been a fan of it but I always thought it was a pretty poorly regarded movie.
Clue is a cult classic, the film didn't do well at the box office, but it's gone on to sell on VHS and DVD, as well as the countless airings on TV, especially Comedy Central back in the day.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
much love for Clue, but i remember on its initial release going to two different showing just to see the different endings, that was part of the mystique to it, and yest it does owe to Murder By Death, which needs to be out as well,

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Clue was a favorite of mine as a young kid in the late 80s. I wore out the VHS. I still love the film the same way I still love, say, The Goonies. I'm excited for this release.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
you know what would be a killer feature, yep it has a cult following, Eileen Brennan and Madeline Kahn have both passed, but it would be nice to have the cast in a retrospect, in one of the sets, from the film, the study maybe or the pool room and somewhat in character,

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
damn, i remember hearing of her having cancer, and just thought the worse, so everyone but miss white, into the study, and lets figure this out! what really went on in that house, , who really killed mister boddy

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce
darkrock17 said:
Clue or Cluedo in the UK was a game first, but Clue borrowed alot of elements from Muder By Death.
I've watched Murder by Death several times and tried real hard to like it, but the comedy in it seems really forced, and the mystery itself never seems to be a real who done it that you can solve, just a gag. I don't know I just don't feel that it is in the same league with Clue which I consider a great comedy classic. Doug

Real Name
Anthony
It'd be great to see A NEW LEAF get some kind of disc release at last, even if Paramount were to licence it out. It's a great movie and there's an interesting story (and a much longer Director's cut, I believe) to go along with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks