What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Ozzie & Harriet (1 Viewer)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Really great back and forth discussion on a show we're all looking forward to. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope these discs will look terrific. I am sure they will be-all 14 seasons.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Really great back and forth discussion on a show we're all looking forward to. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope these discs will look terrific. I am sure they will be-all 14 seasons.
Surprised not one review yet

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Where did such a rumor that the originals were lost forever after the editing was Done for the Disney Channel come from, and who started such a rumor?
Excellent question! It’s the reason why I often stubbornly don’t accept rumors that shows are lost or destroyed. Years ago , I heard that Topper and Dobie Gillis were lost , but it turns out that wasn’t true.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Excellent question! It’s the reason why I often stubbornly don’t accept rumors that shows are lost or destroyed. Years ago , I heard that Topper and Dobie Gillis were lost , but it turns out that wasn’t true.
being locked away with NO interest from the owners make they LOST - sadly - yet they must see the success of Antenna TV -- METV etc

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
When do u think that will happen

Honestly no clue, I’ve never reviewed MPI product here so I’m not sure what their timeframe normally is. Some labels/studios ship product early but in general, especially with the pandemic and shortages/delays with everything, some titles get sent a week before, some the day of, some after the fact and some never. I’m sorry I don’t have a better answer. Trust me I’m as eager for this as you but I think we’ll all be waiting until the street date to take a look.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
OK, you guys have calmed my fears a bit with good information. I have to admit that while I thought about b&w (versus color) taking up less space on each disc, I still thought 10 episodes per might be pushing it. But I feel better after reading some of the comments.

Gary “bring on seasons 1 and 2” O.

HubbaBubbaKid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Frankie
in terms of episodes per disc ratio and compression , whatever VEI is doing now they pretty solved that as the the new sets with 5-6 episodes vs the old releases w/ 3-4 are identitical PQ wise to me . i‘ve had both sets of McMillan and Wife and The Mod Squad and ended up selling off the larger sets bc the PQ was the same and i like having more compact sets .

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
OK, you guys have calmed my fears a bit with good information. I have to admit that while I thought about b&w (versus color) taking up less space on each disc, I still thought 10 episodes per might be pushing it. But I feel better after reading some of the comments.

Gary “bring on seasons 1 and 2” O.
Everything I have ever seen from MPI has been of very good to great quality . So, I fully expect Ozzie And Harriet to be likewise. MPI is a conscientious company and I can’t imagine them releasing subpar product especially for an iconic program that is being preserved for future generations. My expectation is that these sets will be every bit as good as the Time-Life releases. I’d bet a gallon of tutti fruity ice cream on it!

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
This is true that MPI has been a good studio with regards to classic TV on DVD. Family Affair, Here's Lucy, The Mothers In Law, Van Dyke & Company, etc. I would still prefer that Ozzie & Harriet seasons 1 and 2 have five discs each instead of four, and seasons 3 and 4 have four discs each instead of three, but it is what it is, the sets will probably be fine as they are, looking forward to them. If every episode is complete/uncut as is being advertised, it will be awesome indeed.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
I remember hearing the same thing about MR. ED, that many of the episodes were lost in the MGM Grand Hotel fire in 1980. Time has proven that totally false!

CHEERS! :)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
At 14 seasons and 435 episodes, I can only surmise MPI is aiming to keep the total disc count and price point as low as is feasible.
Exactly! Let's face it: The DVD craze isn't like it used to be as streaming has been taking over, and fewer stores have been stocking the shelves with DVDs like they used to during the heyday. Another thing we have to remember is that this show has had many un-authorized and authorized DVD releases through the years already (i.e. the Millcreek 100-disc set, the Shout "Best Of" sets, single disc releases, or even the recent Time-Life set). Obviously, a lot of the members here at the forum have been looking forward to this release for years, and would gladly pay more for a higher disc count, but MPI has to take into consideration that the average "Joe" consumer might not even be aware of the newly remastering prints, or they may be perfectly satisfied with what has already been put out. MPI has to give them a reason to "double dip" so maybe a lower price point will help them sell more.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Exactly! Let's face it: The DVD craze isn't like it used to be as streaming has been taking over, and fewer stores have been stocking the shelves with DVDs like they used to during the heyday. Another thing we have to remember is that this show has had many un-authorized and authorized DVD releases through the years already (i.e. the Millcreek 100-disc set, the Shout "Best Of" sets, single disc releases, or even the recent Time-Life set). Obviously, a lot of the members here at the forum have been looking forward to this release for years, and would gladly pay more for a higher disc count, but MPI has to take into consideration that the average "Joe" consumer might not even be aware of the newly remastering prints, or they may be perfectly satisfied with what has already been put out. MPI has to give them a reason to "double dip" so maybe a lower price point will help them sell more.
Speaking of lower price points. S01/S02 $20.99 ea.

You can also sign up to get email & text alerts for 10% off, but I'm not certain if that excludes Pre-Orders.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
Good points but maybe quality and tech improvements are making less discs needed - remember those MOD MGM Flipper second and third seasons at 50.00 a pop ---- thank heavens OLIVE put them out got them for 22.00 each on sale

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I wish that was the case with the colour Hullabaloo shows. I understand only 3 still exist in their original colour presentation on NBC. How about that show called Karen with Debbie Watson. I think only 2 or 3 of those episodes still exist. The rest I think are gone. I am sure there are other examples. Unfortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassidylhorne
Recent bookmarks