What's new
World Wide Stereo

Overall quality of DIY? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
I am just wondering, is I build a dual woofer vifa 6.5 fiberglass driver design(w D25 tweeter and ported) what would be the approximate level of quality when compared to commercial speakers(assuming all is done right...)? Am I gonna miss out on anything because its not a commercial speaker?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
You can save a lot of pain-in-the-wallet and agony of a design gone wrong by building one of the many already-published designs that's on the internet right now. Some of the other guys can fill you in on where to find great speaker projects. I learned the hard way about crossovers, and I want to give you this information now so you don't have to suffer from making the same mistake.

Do it right, though, and the results will blow you away. And you'll save a lot of money in the process.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
If you bi-amp and use an digital active crossover you can skip virtually all the headaches associated with fine tuning a solid state passive crossover. However, you still will have to tweak, but it only involves turning a knob instead of unsoldering parts and replacing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks