What's new

Original Hawaii Five-O Complete Series Package (1 Viewer)

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
I am really really late to the party with this, but I need to replace my DVDs of the show. I had all 12 seasons as they came out but, well, fire claimed them. THIS ^ is the set I really wanna look for, but I can never find it with the general "complete series DVD" search. I hate Epic Packs and this has incredible shelf appeal. Any hints on the best way to search for it?
I own that set, and it’s worth the double dip not only for the remastered 10th season, but also for the bonus disc of extra features, though many can be found on YouTube.
I recently did an online search of it for a friend, and aside from eBay, it’s hard to find, though that $130 eBay price is good, as long as it’s complete, given that it’s opened. There was a new unopened set on there recently going for over $400.
Don‘t confuse it with the similar-looking region free international set on Amazon. I’m not even sure if that one is legit or not.

Last edited:

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
The main difference with the season 10 remastered DVD is that the color is slightly enhanced, and sometimes it's changed.

For those who have both versions of the season 10 DVD, the original one and the remastered one, take a look at the episode Shake Hands With The Man On The Moon. Early in the episode there's a scene at Napoleons Bar. On the original DVD, the exterior trim of the building is a darker blue color. But on the remastered DVD, the exterior trim of the building is changed to a purple/lavender color.
My understanding is they went back to the original 35mm film for the remastered version and cleaned it up like the other seasons. The original season 10 transfers were sourced from what appeared to be the uncut syndicated videotape masters, with some digital touch-ups performed. This was likely done to either save money or time or both, but fan complaints led them to re-do the season for the collected and digital versions. Much like what has recently happened with Bonanza Season 2, except they’ve re-released the individual season of Bonanza on DVD with the new transfers, whereas with H5O Season 10 on DVD they didn’t.

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Much like what has recently happened with Bonanza Season 2, except they’ve re-released the individual season of Bonanza on DVD with the new transfers, whereas with H5O Season 10 on DVD they didn’t.

Do you mean by that that the improved Five-O 10th season was only in the all-in-one, unlike the improved second go of Bonanza, which will be released separately and in the all-in-one?

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I am really really late to the party with this, but I need to replace my DVDs of the show. I had all 12 seasons as they came out but, well, fire claimed them. THIS ^ is the set I really wanna look for, but I can never find it with the general "complete series DVD" search. I hate Epic Packs and this has incredible shelf appeal. Any hints on the best way to search for it?
This was my favorite TV DVD series set. In the process of moving to a new home, it was in my basement in a box. The basement flooded, and destroyed the set warping the cardboard. It was the only DVD series that was destroyed, almost like life was trying to teach me a lesson about caring too much about materiel items.
Doubt I'll buy another set on E-Bay. It was nice while I owned it LOL!

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
Does the repackaged box set (below, 2021 release date) have the remastered Season 10? I've seen it on eBay for $75.

1679522639934.png

Last edited:

Jeff*H

Premium
Real Name
Jeff
Do you mean by that that the improved Five-O 10th season was only in the all-in-one, unlike the improved second go of Bonanza, which will be released separately and in the all-in-one?
Correct. To my knowledge, the original Season 10 DVD set was never re-released with the remastered episodes. The remasters are only available for purchase in the complete series sets and digitally on VUDU.

On a side note, the Amazon Prime Video season 10 episodes that are for sale do not appear to be remastered, nor is that season available for sale on iTunes.

The season 10 remasters are being used on Paramount+.

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
1680806508835.png

Does the repackaged box set (2021 release date) have the remastered Season 10? I've seen it on eBay for $75.

Based on what I’ve been told, this set also has the remastered season 10, and should still be in print.

In order to get the remastered Season 10 episodes, I decided to buy the repackaged box set (2021 release date).

I was surprised to discover that all of the discs are single-layer (an average of 4.35 GB per disc) rather than the dual-layer discs of the original single-season sets.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
View attachment 180844

In order to get the remastered Season 10 episodes, I decided to buy the repackaged box set (2021 release date).

I was surprised to discover that all of the discs are single-layer (an average of 4.35 GB per disc) rather than the dual-layer discs of the original single-season sets.
Did you get a legit set? The 4.35 is a red flag? Can I ask where you got it?

rjd0309

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I bought it from a seller on eBay. Never occurred to me that it might not be legit. Dang.

I'll see if I can return it.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
I bought it from a seller on eBay. Never occurred to me that it might not be legit. Dang.

I'll see if I can return it.
It's got to the point where the counterfeits look like the real thing, it's the disk size that gives it a way.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
Happened to me with the RHI/Hallmark Laurel & Hardy DVD box set where I received a pirated set. Everything looked correct on the package (even had the hype sticker on the wrap). But the video quality was worse than an old youtube video and when I checked the discs they were all DVD-5's. Unfortunately I didn't discover this until 6 months after I purchased it.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
One telltale on eBay, other than stock images, is seeing how many copies the seller has sold. Especially if it's a private seller and not a business, If it's more than 1, be wary, but if it's an absurd amount (double and triple digits) just walk away. Nobody has that many legit copies of big dvd box sets lying around.

I hope you can get an easy refund, that blowz.

Last edited:

Lecagr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Lee
I had previously purchased a few DVD sets on ebay, not knowing at the time that the sets were bootlegs, then some knowledgeable people here on the forum informed me that there are bootleggers selling on ebay so I now avoid ebay with regards to DVD shopping. I have since replaced most of the bootleg sets with the genuine items.

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Pretty sure that set is OOP. May have to go the used route. Ebay has one for $130 now.
That set has been sitting there, unbought for weeks. Well, I finally pulled the trigger since it's probably my safest bet for not only getting legit DVDs but I haven't found that particular collection at this price anywhere else. So we'll see when she arrives. I'll report in when I get it. Be here. Aloha!

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
THIS ^ is the set I really wanna look for, but I can never find it with the general "complete series DVD" search.

Why do some shows, when you search for their all-in-ones on EBay using those words, only give you newer versions, and not the older versions?

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I would imagine in depends on what's available and how the sellers posted the name

Hawaii Five-O
Hawaii Five 0
Hawaii 5-0

and so on

The epic pack box is more common, still in print and easily counterfeited.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks