What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
I have the European Blu ray of Daddy Long Legs .. will wait for comparison reviews before purchasing. If the Region 1 is superior, I'll dip in again. I just hope a decent transfer is done one day of Funny Face!

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming September 20th on Blu-ray!

The Enemy Below (1957) Starring Robert Mitchum, Curd Jürgens, David Hedison and Theodore Bikel - Directed by Dick Powell.

bb14440a40d38d14a062a66912cc7291.jpg

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Coming September 20th on Blu-ray!

The Enemy Below (1957) Starring Robert Mitchum, Curd Jürgens, David Hedison and Theodore Bikel - Directed by Dick Powell.

View attachment 30797

As long as it has the same audio as the DVD - "4.0 stereo sound, which is loud and clear with fully (and aggressively) directional dialogue and sound effects.", I'll buy it.

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
As long as it has the same audio as the DVD - "4.0 stereo sound, which is loud and clear with fully (and aggressively) directional dialogue and sound effects.", I'll buy it.
Fox released this title in Japan in 2014, I assume the KLSC release will be similar. Here are the specs for the Fox Japan version:

Codec: MPEG-4 AVC (35.09 Mbps)
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.35:1

Audio
English: DTS-HD Master Audio 4.0 (48kHz, 24-bit)
Japanese: DTS-HD Master Audio Mono

Subtitles
Japanese, English

Discs
50GB Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD)

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming August 9th From SCORPION RELEASING!
Distributed by Kino Lorber!

First Time on DVD in its original aspect ratio and on Blu-ray!

Barbarosa (1982) Starring Willie Nelson, Gary Busey, Isela Vega and Gilbert Roland - Directed by Fred Schepisi
Includes interviews with the director and supporting actors
13006540_566110030215119_541091453504596208_n.jpg

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
293_120_50_03-12.A1
Great stuff MisterLime. Any plans to release the superb Russian anti-war film COME AND SEE on Blu, as it was Kino who put out the DVD. People want this....

One of my most beloved "early" Kino DVD releases is Come and See. What a joy it would be to have this on blu-ray. And, maybe with a great deal of luck and some sort of deal with the National Cinema Museum of Torino, the fully restored 1914 Cabira which played the 2006 Cannes festival might see the light of day in HD. Kino pioneered this wonderful classic, as well.

Last edited:

Stephen PI

Supporting Actor
I have the European Blu ray of Daddy Long Legs .. will wait for comparison reviews before purchasing. If the Region 1 is superior, I'll dip in again. I just hope a decent transfer is done one day of Funny Face!
Anthony, Is the audio 4.0 or 5.1?
If it is 2.0 that is what is on the HD master. It is very important that Kino has to specifically request the 4-track to ensure that will be on the master they receive.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming September 27th on DVD and Blu-ray!
Restored in HD!

Cabo Blanco (1980) Starring Charles Bronson, Jason Robards, Dominique Sanda, Fernando Rey, Simon MacCorkindale, Camila Sparv, Gilbert Roland, James Booth, Clifton James, Martin LaSalle and Aldo Sambrell - Directed by J. Lee Thompson.
91d-muJTqkL._SL1500_.jpg

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Anthony, Is the audio 4.0 or 5.1?
If it is 2.0 that is what is on the HD master. It is very important that Kino has to specifically request the 4-track to ensure that will be on the master they receive.
It's 5.1 Dolby TrueHD. And though it is of course the European edition, it's actually the Australian release.
cheers

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Those are with Studio Canal except for The Gorgon, Curse of the Mummy's Tomb which are with Sony and Kino currently does not have access to those titles from either studio
Studio Canal seems to have the rights to a number of excellent vintagefilms from the UK . I believe that The Day The Earth Caught Fire is one of them. But they don't seem to be releasing too much here in the US or have I missed their announcements ?

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Studio Canal seems to have the rights to a number of excellent vintagefilms from the UK . I believe that The Day The Earth Caught Fire is one of them. But they don't seem to be releasing too much here in the US or have I missed their announcements ?
The Day the Earth Caught Fire is now with Cohen. They are also credited on BFI's recent blu-ray release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks