What's new

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
There’s no reason to believe Faye Dunaway’s character would have any affection for Redford, other than the fact that romance was part of the formula in those days, no matter what.
It‘s the one thing that’s always bugged me about the film. It would have made much more sense if she had been his ex-wife or girlfriend.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It‘s the one thing that’s always bugged me about the film. It would have made much more sense if she had been his ex-wife or girlfriend.
. . . which was the situation in The Package. It makes it far more credible.

Muad'Dib

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Except The Company would likely have known of all his past relationships and associates and would have looked for him there (like when he runs into Joubert at his friend Sam's apartment). A complete stranger was his safest bet. Having said that, the romantic development strains credibility tor sure.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Itunes finally updated the digital movie to 4K. Its been a bit since KINO released the 4K disc.
I think I last checked in December and it was still just HD then.

Still confused why the poster says 3 but the movie title in the film opening credits says "Three." Apple TV sorts the film under "T" not "3" though the thumbnail on Apple TV shows the poster and it of course says "3"

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Hmmm, the TV app on both iOS and macOS is still showing this as HD for me, not 4K. Note that I don't own it. Yet. :)
It’s 4K on the AppleTV+ on my IOS device. I purchased the iTunes HD digital almost six years ago and it upgraded to 4K early Tuesday morning.

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
Itunes finally updated the digital movie to 4K. Its been a bit since KINO released the 4K disc.
I think I last checked in December and it was still just HD then.

Still confused why the poster says 3 but the movie title in the film opening credits says "Three." Apple TV sorts the film under "T" not "3" though the thumbnail on Apple TV shows the poster and it of course says "3"
Do you have this on a Kino disc? If so, a comparison with the ATV stream picture quality would be interesting? Hint: I have the Kino Blu-ray.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
It’s 4K on the AppleTV+ on my IOS device. I purchased the iTunes HD digital almost six years ago and it upgraded to 4K early Tuesday morning.
What can I say? I even signed out of the apps and signed back in. This is the ATV+ app on my Mac. Same thing on iOS (17.3):

1706132596376.png

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Do you have this on a Kino disc? If so, a comparison with the ATV stream picture quality would be interesting? Hint: I have the Kino Blu-ray.
I just have the iTunes version. In any case I am not an expert on improved video. I think Matt, who reviewed the disc, would be able to give a much better take on the improvement of the various versions disc and streaming of the film if he has the iTunes version. I can say the HD version of this film always looked soft to me and the 4K streaming is much sharper with more detail.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Haven’t we had similar conversations about other titles in which 4K titles are showing HD on your IOS and Mac?
I wasn't doubting you, just saying that I'm having issues and not seeing what you're seeing. I don't remember the specifics of our previous conversation. I'm old.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I wasn't doubting you, just saying that I'm having issues and not seeing what you're seeing. I don't remember the specifics of our previous conversation. I'm old.
I’m not doubting you but there are some issues with the AppleTV + app that has never been resolved.

dpippel

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I’m frustrated because this type of discussion keeps happening which is why I’m kind of down on this home video digital format.
I'm with you. It's an extremely complex ecosystem with a lot of moving parts, and everything needs to be in sync for things to work properly. It's quite frustrating.

Oh well, I'd rather own this film on physical media anyway, so I'm off to buy the 4K disc release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.