What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
Scott,
Have a question for you, it is a API / Dick Clark production, but does Kino have or is it possibly with another distributor? The Savage 7 (1968). As far as i know this has never been released on disc anywhere,

There's never been a proper home video release because of music rights. The VHS release has some replacement music, including a replacement for the theme song by Cream, "Anyone for Tennis?" The film shows up on cable movie channels from time to time, with the original music intact.

Someone is trying to sell the VHS version for $312 on Amazon!

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
There's never been a proper home video release because of music rights. The VHS release has some replacement music, including a replacement for the theme song by Cream, "Anyone for Tennis?" The film shows up on cable movie channels from time to time, with the original music intact.

Someone is trying to sell the VHS version for $312 on Amazon!

yep I still got a VCR, but really, what is that guy trying to fund, selling one tape at that price

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I would love to see THE MAGIC SWORD come out as a decent Blu-ray, as it, like JACK THE GIANT KILLER, was a fantasy released in 1962 by United Artists and which has had a really poor video history so far -- even the DVD was soft to the point of blurry. I have always considered these two films to be of a feather, and always think of both when one or the other is mentioned. Hope Kino has this its plans.

Last edited:

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I can't answer about the transfer, but according to Post #3 in this thread, it is set to come out sometime in 2018.

Guess we'll have to wait for the next spokesperson for an update on LION IN WINTER, so I hope there is one soon.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Back when I was a wee kid one of the local theatres ran Saturday Kiddie Matinees during the summer. Jack The Giant Killer, The Magic Sword and Selznick’s Adventures Of Tom Sawyer were always programmed each year and I would make sure I saw them every time they played.

I am excited for a blu of Jack The Giant Killer and Kino does have access to Tom Sawyer, so I expect an announcement on that title eventually. But I do crave a Blu of The Magic Sword. Gary Lockwood and Estelle Winwood were perfect in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks