What's new

Official KINO Insider Announcements Thread: STRICTLY MODERATED: READ GUIDELINES (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
F

For that matter, how about Kino (or someone) doing a deal with UCLA for a blu-ray release of Stevens' highly regarded and rare TV movie GHOST OF SIERRA DE COBRE (aka THE HAUNTED).
I wonder if kino could do a deal with UCLA/Fox for EAST LYNNE and THE WHITE PARADE... Both need work, but Kino has released some titles that need a great deal of work.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming October 4th on Blu-ray!

Chosen Survivors (1974) Starring Jackie Cooper, Alex Cord, Richard Jaeckel, Bradford Dillman, Pedro Armendáriz Jr., Diana Muldaur, Lincoln Kilpatrick and Barbara Babcock - Directed by Sutton Roley.
107034-1020-a.jpg

Last edited:

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Ghost of Sierra De Cobre is with MGM.

Thanks, Scott. Any insights as to why the only print that seems to have been unearthed is the one at UCLA? Would MGM be sitting on the rights? Obviously Kino's got a deal now with MGM...any hope here? Its rarity and positive buzz could make it a relative top-seller ...

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks, Scott. Any insights as to why the only print that seems to have been unearthed is the one at UCLA? Would MGM be sitting on the rights? Obviously Kino's got a deal now with MGM...any hope here? Its rarity and positive buzz could make it a relative top-seller ...

MGM has the needed film elements to create the HD master. Someone needs to acquire it and remaster it, not sure if it'll be us, someone else or maybe no one.

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom
Well, you'd have at least one ready buyer if Kino took it on....

If you could put in a good word there.... :)

Thanks again, Scott!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Partly if I were a guessing man, is "we think this title will sell well to this audience" Also just speculating, but probably budget plays a factor. Im sure it goes deeper than that, and for most labels as well

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Thanks Tony. Unfortunately the initial announcement suggests that there are only a few extras and not the extras disc that was included in the 1920-1923 set. This makes no sense, but what else is new! I guess we'll see when reviews come out.
What Extras Disc, Mark? My 1920-23 Kino Buster Keaton Blu-ray set consists of 3 discs, each of which have some extras combined with X number of Buster Keaton shorts!

EDIT: Having checked the listing for the upcoming 1917-1923 5 Disc Blu-ray set, the 1917-1920 Arbuckle/Keaton shorts are all on the first 2 Discs. The 1920-1923 solo Buster Keaton shorts listing on the last 3 Discs are identical to the 2011 Kino Blu-ray set, which gives me cause to suspect the same extras (Though not listed on the Blu-ray.com page!) may very well be included here!

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=18618

CHEERS! :)

Last edited:

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
Coming Soon For the First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

Boy on a Dolphin (1957) Starring Alan Ladd, Sophia Loren, Clifton Webb and Alexis Minotis - Directed by Jean Negulesco.
View attachment 30979

You've made many people happy today with this announcement Scott. Excellent news!

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Coming Soon For the First Time on DVD and Blu-ray!
Brand New 4K Restoration!

Boy on a Dolphin (1957) Starring Alan Ladd, Sophia Loren, Clifton Webb and Alexis Minotis - Directed by Jean Negulesco.
View attachment 30979

Congratulations on obtaining and releasing this much-sought after film. I was thinking that TT might get this but Kino pulled it off.

Day One order for me.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Coming August 9th on DVD and Blu-ray!
Fully restored and preserved by TLEFilms Film Restoration & Preservation Services, Germany

Canadian Pacific (1949)
• Restoration Documentary: recombining and restoring a 66 year-old CineColor puzzle of more than 400,000 pieces
• Canadian Pacific on 16mm: excerpts from a very rare original 16mm CineColor print element (Reel 1A+B) (18 min; in HD)
• Canadian Pacific on 8mm: rare short feature for home screening of the film on 8mm (B/W print) (8 min; in HD)
• Trailer Gallery
738329155025.jpg

The Cariboo Trail
(1950)

• Restoration Documentary: recombining and restoring two-strip CineColor components
• The Cariboo Trail on 8mm: rare short feature for home screening of the film on 8mm (B/W print) (8 min; in HD)
• Trailer Gallery
738329155223.jpg

Last edited:

Jobla

Supporting Actor
MisterLime,

I see that MGM HD will be airing high-def versions of BIKINI BEACH, PAJAMA PARTY, and HOW TO STUFF A WILD BIKINI in May. Any chance that Kino might release them on Blu-ray? I know that Olive previously released BDs of BEACH BLANKET BINGO and MUSCLE BEACH PARTY.

MisterLime

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
MisterLime,

I see that MGM HD will be airing high-def versions of BIKINI BEACH, PAJAMA PARTY, and HOW TO STUFF A WILD BIKINI in May. Any chance that Kino might release them on Blu-ray? I know that Olive previously released BDs of BEACH BLANKET BINGO and MUSCLE BEACH PARTY.

Not sure. I'll mention it to the powers that be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks