What's new

NFL 2008 Regular Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I may regret asking for an all-Pennsylvania Super Bowl. I would have a very difficult time choosing which team to root for in such a game.

Here are the four Super Bowl possibilities as it now stands:

Ravens - Eagles (My pick: Eagles)
Ravens - Cardinals (My pick: Ravens)

Steelers - Cardinals (My pick: Steelers)
Steelers - Eagles (It's pretty much a push for me)

Jim_F

Screenwriter
The Steelers didn't look like the team that was abused by Philly in the regular season. Then again, they weren't playing Philly and this isn't the regular season.

Sorry, Cards fans, I just can't believe. Even if they win the SB, I won't be able to get my little mind around that. I expect them to miss the Big Party.

I think if the Ravens make it to the SB, they will win. In the event of a PIT/PHI Super Bowl, I'm leaning PIT by the slimmest of margins.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was encouraged by what I saw out of the Steelers yesterday. Their offensive line, a weak spot all season, played its best game of the year, protecting Rothleisberger all game. Hopefully this is a sign of development, and not just a one game aberration. They will need to play at least as well this weekend against Baltimore. Pittsburgh had another goal line failure, though, so that is still a concern.

I cannot believe in Arizona, either. This is the only franchise that has been pathetic for a longer period of time than the Lions, and I just cannot imagine them in a Super Bowl.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think I'll root for the "underdogs" next weekend: Cards and Ravens. If the Cards beat the Eagles, at least my hometown team went down to the eventual NFC champs.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I'm having a difficult time believing that the Cardinals deserve to be here. I know they've improved, and I didn't expect them to defeat either the Falcons or the Panthers, but defeating the Eagles will be no small task. I'm also having a difficult time reconciling this Cardinal team with the one that lost to the Pats 47-7 in week 16.

The Eagles' two fourth down stands against the Giants were simply amazing yesterday, esp. the fourth and inches. Those were two great stops. That defense is filled with pride and emotion, too. And that sneak of McNabb, which I called (my son couldn't believe I got that one, but it just seemed like the right time to do it) was wonderful. I'm thrilled for the Philadelphia fans.

In any event, one thing is fairly certain: Andy Reid is not sitting home saying "The Patriots and three points" again. ;)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Wow, i'm 2-6 so far. Terrible.

This weekend I'm picking the Eagles and Ravens. Mainly because the two best games the cards have played were the last two. I don't think they can play 3 like that in a row. I also doubt the Steelers can beat the Ravens three times in one season.

Delhomme was awful. Time to look for new QB. Chargers were not that great, rather the Steelers looked strong. Should be a great AFC game next week and a "meh" game in the NFC.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Steve, I hope your terrible predicting happens again on the Steelers - Ravens game.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Go Steelers!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I agree with the Cards - Eagles game. And your point about doubting that the Steelers can defeat the Ravens three times in a season is a very good one. I don't have a good feeling about that game. Even though I am picking the Steelers (with my heart), the Super Bowl could very well end up being between the Eagles and the Ravens.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Yes, I was picking with the spread. It's just as bad as my picks for the college games all season.

There are still four coaching positions open. Rams, Jets, Lions, Raiders. Surprised to see Dungy leave. Wonder how the team will do now.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I wasn't that surprised to see Dungy retire. He's been contemplating this for a couple of years now, and seems to have other interests in his life outside of football. Dungy is a very classy guy, and the league will miss him a lot more than he will miss the NFL, IMO.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Scott,

Agreed on Dungy. He is a very special person indeed.

I will be surprised if Brett Favre retires, however. But I think it's time for him to do this, especially after seeing his (relative) performance this past year.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

Great statement.... sad reflection that Pacman, Plexico, etc (ad nauseum) get daily press for their off-field antics, yet the great work of the likes of Dungy get relegated to a few "special interest" segments spattered throughout the year.

Just scored tix to the AFC game through a bus tour. Probably nosebleed section, but just happy to be in the stadium ! I'll have a Ravens shirt on under about 4 additional layers.....

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Just as long as the first four layers aren't Cardinals, Eagles, Steelers, and Patriots shirts. ;)

Congratulations, BTW. :emoji_thumbsup:

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Just put your Ravens shirt on the outside of your bubble jacket. It will get stretched out, but worth it. I heard on ESPN the cardinals tickets sold out in six minutes.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Too bad Favre doesn't know how to retire right, the way Dungy did. His "will I/won't I" act is old.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Robert,

Agreed. I tire of his interceptions more than anything else. I think it's time for him to move on.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Warner is on Fire.
Fitzgerald is damn near unstoppable.

The Iggles look terrible.. that late hit on Warner will draw some nice fines later.

Has Arizona already secured their spot by half time?

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
No. :D

I don't care who wins, but I do like that the Eagles have gone ahead to make it interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks