What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

NFL 2008 Regular Season Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the lions will pick up Michael Vick for next season
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Considering the Lions legacy at the QB position -- no Pro Bowler since 1970 -- I'm not sure Vick would want to come here.

During the Pittsburgh - Indy game yesterday, CBS put up a graphic that sums up the ineptness of the Detroit organization. They listed the top 4 longest road losing streaks against an opponent. The Colts had lost 12 straight in Pittsburgh before yesterday. The other three were all Detroit -- 21 straight in Washington, 17 straight in Green Bay, and 11 straight in Minnesota.

I was laughing so hard my wife came downstairs to ask what was so funny. :laugh:

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
The Good:
Dante Culpepper looked much more comfortable with the Lions offense.
The Lions scored on their opening drive for the first time this season.
Kevin Smith recorded his career high in yards today.
The first 20 minutes of the game.

The Bad:
The Lions rushing defense gave up almost 300 yards.
2 interceptions by the Panthers = 14 points.
Lions Red Zone defense goes 0 for 4 as the Panthers score 3 TDs and a field goal.

The Ugly:
The Lions are 0-10.
The Lions have double digit losses in a season for the 18th time in franchise history.
The Lions have double digit losses for the 7th time this decade! The other two seasons: 2000 (9-7) and 2007 (7-9).
The Lions are owned by William Clay Ford.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The Bengals TIE for the first time since 1969. Now I've seen everything.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter
And the Eagles have pretty much put themselves out of the playoff picture, no thanks to Andy Reid's play calling.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

Final score Steelers beat Chargers 11-10. The first time a game has ended 11-10 in NFL history.

NOW you've seen everything. :D

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
In a way, a tie is almost worse than just losing to the Bengals. I can't imagine McBadd being around much longer, though I love his results.

Anyway, birds done early for yet another year, either Dallas or Washington will probably lose tonight ;), and the Champions ran at will over the best run D in the league today, fantastic showing of Giants football.
Yup, the NFC East is developing quite nicely so far.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Giants appear to be the real deal again this season. They look very tough, especially considering the difficult division in which they play. New York will be very tough to beat in the NFC playoffs.

The AFC looks less clear. Tennessee certainly has been impressive, but I'm still not convinced they can go all the way. The Titans are built in the same mold as the Ravens Super Bowl team, though -- excellent defense, good running game, and no QB -- so anything's possible. Denver has no defense, the Steelers have no offensive line, San Diego continues to struggle, and Indy has not been impressive. Maybe the Jets, with Favre, a decent running game and a quality defense, could make it an all New York Super Bowl. Yuk ;) .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
If we could get a Cleveland, Baltimore or Houston deal and get another team in a few years, I would be glad to see the Lions relocate. The current ownership is arguably the worst in North American pro sports history. Of course, the only way the team would relocate is if the Fords sold the team, since they have deep roots here in Detroit. And, if they sold the team, there would be no desire from the fan base to see them leave, since ownership is the biggest gripe.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
By the way, did anyone catch that Mcbadd didn't even know that NFL games could end in a tie? Pretty funny.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The refs blew another call at the end of another losing effort by the Chargers. Fortunately it did not cost them the game and helped them to set history. No game in NFL history has ended with an 11-10 score. Alright! Go Bolts!:frowning:

When the Chargers tried to pull out a miracle with a multiple lateral play, LT's lateral went forward making it an illegal forward pass. When Chris Chambers flipped it backwards it hit the ground and Polamalu picked it up and ran into the endzone.

The refs said the ball was dead with the LTs illegal pass. According to the rules, this is only true if the ball hits the ground which it didn't. The play should have continued and a TD awarded. Meh, the Chargers lose either way.

Since the Steelers didn't cover the point spread, the bookies came out smelling like roses. It was a $64 million swing in their favor.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I turned the game off when they were arguing whether Pittsburgh had to try the extra point, so missed all the review nonsense. I was amazed to see the final score reverted to 11-10 later. Glad I didn't have Polamalu on my fantasy team. :laugh:

If there ever was a game that would lead to suspicion on officials fixing games for Vegas, though, this would be it. Not only did they incorrectly take away that last TD, but the penalties were 13-2 against the Steelers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FFMichael
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale