What's new

newbie questions (1 Viewer)

spooda420

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Hello-

I hope you guys can help me out.

I am finishing my basement into a dream type home theater... mind you budgets are in order

The HT room will be 21x14x8 with a 250g inwall aquarium on the opposite side of the TV side of the room.

What do you guys think if this pairing?

Atlantic Technology 4400s

http://www.atlantictechnology.com/default.asp?NodeId=149

Onkyo Reciever

http://www.us.onkyo.com/model.cfm?m=TX-NR3008&class=Receiver&p=i

Sony PS3

Panamax

http://www.panamax.com/Products/A-V-Components/M5400-PM.aspx

TV

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55C8000XFXZA

Please let meknow if there is an obvious issue or perhaps a mistake. Everything will be connected via monster hdmi cables.

thanks.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
No problem with the TV or the receiver.

Have you listened to the speakers and compared them to others in their price range. How they sound to you ears and how they fit your budget is all that matters.

Why do you feel the need to spend almost $800 on a power conditioner? Do you have a totally inadequate electric utility with lots of power spikes and voltage changes. Most of us find that an good quality power strip works quite well for us.

I would skip the monster cables they are over priced and offer no better quality then those which are advertised or suggested on this forum.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Welcome to Home Theater Forum Chris. I am a big fan of using Panamax for surge supression, but unless you have a lot of brownouts you would be fine using the M4300. We used an Atlantic 4400 system a few years ago at a national meet and they sounded amazing for the price. I ended up getting the 8200e series (due to room size) when I built my theater and haven't looked back.

spooda420

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Originally Posted by CB750

No problem with the TV or the receiver.

Have you listened to the speakers and compared them to others in their price range. How they sound to you ears and how they fit your budget is all that matters.

Why do you feel the need to spend almost $800 on a power conditioner? Do you have a totally inadequate electric utility with lots of power spikes and voltage changes. Most of us find that an good quality power strip works quite well for us.

I would skip the monster cables they are over priced and offer no better quality then those which are advertised or suggested on this forum.

I have not listened to those exact speakers, however I have heard the lower model 2400s I think. They sounded great so I am assuming that the 4400s are even better.

I just like things on power conditioners. I feel that better power equals better performance.

Monster Cables were had from a previous project.

Thanks for your help.

Is there anything else I am overlooking?

spooda420

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich

Welcome to Home Theater Forum Chris. I am a big fan of using Panamax for surge supression, but unless you have a lot of brownouts you would be fine using the M4300. We used an Atlantic 4400 system a few years ago at a national meet and they sounded amazing for the price. I ended up getting the 8200e series (due to room size) when I built my theater and haven't looked back.

Great! Thanks for the advice. I wish I had a room for the 8200s they look amazing and I can only imagine the room filling sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks