What's new

New HT in Sun City, Ca (2 Viewers)

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I have a 35mm print of Amityville 3D and it does have it's problems. Many more than Friday 3. My print of Treasure of the the Four Crowns has issues but it's fun to watch. All of the newer 3D titles from 2009 and up, are pretty much flawless. I use a linear lens and glasses for the older 3D titles and circular polarized lens and Real-D glasses for the newer titles.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Is it possible to use the circular polarized lenses on the older titles too, or are they not compatible? Always wondered about that.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Is it possible to use the circular polarized lenses on the older titles too, or are they not compatible? Always wondered about that.

Yes Josh. I can use either lens on either format. Both lens are adjustable to the proper spacing requirement of any 3D over/under title. The linear lens is much easier to adjust than the circular one so I leave my circular lens set on .374 for the newer technicolor 3D titles and the linear lens for everything else.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
It's 3D time tonight. This is a "reel" crazy one!

PHDTg4880Z0wGE_1_l.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
I'm adding a couple of 35mm 3D titles to the collection next week.
StarChaser and Comin' At Ya'. The latter will surely be a faded print but the 3D effect shouldn't be compromised.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on the Comin At Ya print vs the Blu-ray!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
A real renaissance man! :D

Forgive my ignorance, but it looks like that collection of keys, stops and pedals should have a huge number of pipes attached to it. You don't have a huge number of pipes which you need to install, do you? :laugh: THAT would be a unique storage issue for most people's homes and HTs!

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Actually this organ is an Allen digital....no pipes. My last organ in Atlanta before we moved out to SoCal was a 28 rank pipe organ in the basement, right next to the HT. I sold it before we moved simply because I refused to tear down, un-wire, pack and ship such tremendous weight!! I'm getting too old for that sort of abuse!!
Really, we have digital projectors now. Might as well have digital organs.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Well Don, I'll help you remove the garage door, move the speakers aside and slide that sucker right into the home theater! Just need some 35mm silent films to make the move complete! :banana:

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Well Don, I'll help you remove the garage door, move the speakers aside and slide that sucker right into the home theater! Just need some 35mm silent films to make the move complete! :banana:

Ha Ha John!! If we moved the organ in the HT I would have to take some seats out. But now I know who to call if I want to move it to another room.

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Tonight in our home theatre a screening of GREASE, a very nice polyester 35mm Dolby A scope print.
One of our favorite musicals.

Grease-Post-box-office-smash.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Planning a big 3D weekend in the home theatre.
I've decided on 5 titles to be screened between Friday afternoon and Sunday night.
1. House of Wax Blu Ray
2. Creature From The Black Lagoon Blu Ray
3. Final Destination 5 35mm SRD Circular Polarized version
4. How To Train Your Dragon 35mm SRD Circular Polarized version
5. Friday the 13th Part 3 35mm Mono Linear Polarized version

Wonder how much popcorn I can eat in 3 days?!!!!

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Giving the Blu Rays a rest this afternoon and tonight.
Just finished watching "Final Destination 5" in 35mm polarized 3D. Tonight we're rerunning our favorite musical, "Grease" in 35mm.
Blu Rays are nice but 35mm is more fun!

Final Destination 5.jpg Grease.jpg

DFurr

Premium
Real Name
Don
Just acquired a beautiful 35mm Technicolor print of Funny Girl, one of my favorite musicals. Just spent 5 hours inspecting all 10 reels, remaking splices and getting ready to screen the movie tomorrow night. This print is almost 50 years old but still in pretty decent condition. Looking forward to seeing it again.

FunnyGirlPoster.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks