What's new

New Construction Home Theater Planning (1 Viewer)

nfiedler7

Grip
Real Name
Nate
Open to suggestions. Was thinking mounting the center and sides by tv on the wall then the rears not exactly sure where to put. Before waa thinking on two stands between couches but maybe on the wall in back if that work. What woukd you do?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Oh yeah, you don't "need" one of the Sumo-class AVR.Those do probably more than you need. Unless you need more than 1 extra zone...don't spend more than $1200 on the AVR.If you want 3 or 4, sure. Then you can add in a 2/4 source 4/8 zone speaker matrix.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
nfiedler7 said:
Open to suggestions. Was thinking mounting the center and sides by tv on the wall then the rears not exactly sure where to put. Before waa thinking on two stands between couches but maybe on the wall in back if that work. What woukd you do?
I would go listen to speakers.KEF TDef Tech Mythos(this is an entire line with individual speakers priced $400/each to $1500/each)Look up Leon Horizon (maybe you like that type)

nfiedler7

Grip
Real Name
Nate
Been looking more into it and liking option of having multiple zones with option to have different music for different areas with music and volume control in each. With that said am I better off doing a separate surround system?

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
I would find a local AV store, not Best Buy.Go to Paradigm and find a local dealer. That dealer should also be able to get KEF, B&W...etc.Plus they'll likely have Elite and Integra.Just don't get talked into $50 HDMI, $300 power conditioning or space age wire.Buy all that stuff from MP, BJC, Amazon.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
nfiedler7 said:
Been looking more into it and liking option of having multiple zones with option to have different music for different areas with music and volume control in each.
I'd give up in-wall and in-ceiling for versatility. But I would skip their sound bar/5.1 option. But that's just me.

nfiedler7

Grip
Real Name
Nate
That is for a pair. They carry paradigm, episode,Klipsch, sonance, Jbl, Origin acoustics. Niles. Bose Speakercraft

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
SpeakerCraft is good stuff. Priced(for like kind) higher than the mean...but every install of those in a design of mine...I never hear any complaining.Since this place has Niles...they should be your go-to for the multi-room stuff.Origin Acoustics. There is in overbuilt product. Yes the pricing can take your breath away...There is a dealer up here that installed a proper theatre using them. I hate(loathe is a better term) in-wall. That room rocks better than any other "hidden" theater I've ever heard.(Origin Acoustics has pulled off the impossible. High efficiency...in-wall, without resorting to a horn)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Depends what you want.On-wall, Paradigm Millenia. Not great for music(100hz-ish the lowest extension).Monitor is in your buddget...Studio, not so much.OA puts more speaker in the same cutout as others...The Director D88 is insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks