What's new

Home Theater and Media Room builds. Entire process documented from scratch. (1 Viewer)

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
Hello,

It's been years since I posted on here. Someone on this forum said it was ok to call a soundbar a home theater and I ran away screaming in terror. I hope things are more sensible now.

I started construction of a complete home theater project in 2018 but was designing and planning since early 2017. I was able to accomplish this theater build because we had a new house built and I was lucky enough to have a 9' poured basement as a blank slate to start with. It's been mostly finished for a while but now I am just trying to settle on the seating. My video series spans the entire framing, wiring, insulation, drywall, finishing, decorations and equipment installation of both an 11 channel Home Theater and a 9 channel Media Room.

I want to make sure it's appropriate to share my complete basement build videos here without getting banned. I've been banned on here years ago because of a misunderstanding from Ron but what clearance before I move forward. I have more videos planned showing the CAD designs and how they became a reality, reviews and other things. I hope to provide the common man blueprints for how to do it yourself and how to go about it.

Once I get the ok I'll start sharing the project.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I’m not a moderator, so my approval means little, but I don’t why you posting videos about building your home theater on the Home Theater Forum would be a problem.

Perhaps a PM to a moderator might get you some action.

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
I see a lot of people have looked at this post and I totally forgot about it. I'll put up a link to the finished project and following that a whole new 2 channel project I am working on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks