What's new

Attic Theater (1 Viewer)

Miniscus

Auditioning
Real Name
Jamison
Hello All,

So recently moved into a new house and part of the attic is finished which I am going to use for a theater room. The room is about 350sqft, with 8ft ceilings.

I am planning on a 5.1.4 or 7.1.4 speaker setup and I am having a hard time deciding on what to do with the in ceiling atmos speaker placement. Currently I have a LG 77C1 TV which I was going to use for now, but I may either upgrade to larger TV or go to a projector down the road. The problem with this is it would change the seating position and thus affect the atmos speaker placement. Since I have to cut holes in the ceiling, I really do not want to have to move the speakers in the future.

Would there be some wiggle room in the placement of the atmos speakers? Knowing that down the road I am planning on going to larger screen size. Curious on how others have dealt with changing screen sizes.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Welcome to HTF, Jamison...

Beyond providing more details, I'd imagine just set it up to best suit your current needs/desire, assuming the room dimensions are pretty normal for 350-sq-ft, eg. say 20x17.5 for instance, unless you really believe you will upgrade the display to something much larger very soon (like next 6-12 months).

Generally, if you have everything set up the way that best suits you, simply upgrading the display to something larger shouldn't require altering your speaker placements... unless you really want to move the primary seating as well... perhaps partly because of some drastic change (like going for a false front wall using acoustically transparent screen for projection w/ speakers hidden behind it) -- otherwise, not sure why you would actually want to move the primary seating though... unless you feel your current display is just too small requiring you to sit significantly closer... in which case, you probably should be upgrading the display very soon anyway.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks