What's new

Need help with my TCL R625 Roku Television and Dolby Vision (2 Viewers)

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
I have a Panasonic DP-UB820 4K UHD Blu Ray player and I have a TCL R625 Television. I previously had a Vizio and did not have the same issue. Any time I play a disc that is Dolby Vision, the television seems to do some sort of auto dimming and brightening, some times shot by shot. It doesn't do it on streaming with Dolby Vision, or discs with HDR 10. Only discs that have Dolby Vision. I don't think it's the Panni because, like I said, I did not have this issue with my Vizio. I wanted to upgrade from a 50 inch to a 65 inch, and my boss at my job got a bunch of TCL televisions, and he needed to give this one away. It was unopened and still in the box. I have tried all of the secret TCL menus, I know there is stuff on line about turning off dynamic back light control, but I don't seems to have that secret menu that allows me to do that. Has anyone heard of this issue? Oh, I do not have this issue if I put the blu ray HDMI cable into HDMI ARC.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The manual says you should be able to get to the dynamic contrast and backlight settings in the Advanced Picture Settings menu:

1676585663391.png

1676585857239.png

1676585695925.png

I have a different brand but I know mine will do similar things if I enable some of the backlight modes or ECO mode.

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
Thanks, I have turned off the local and dynamic contrast and it still does the dimming issue. I need to download the manual.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
This is a shot in the dark, but I remember this kind of thing happening when the TV was trying to process a signal from the player that wasn't native (so had to scale). So maybe check what your player is putting out.
Also, it couldn't hurt to try another HDMI cable that you;re sure is spec'd for 4K.

Last edited:

Brian Husar

Supporting Actor
This is a shot in the dark, but I remember this kind of thing happening when the TV was trying to process a signal from the player that wasn't native (so had to scale). So maybe check what your playing is putting out.
Also, it couldn't hurt to try another HDMI cable that you;re sure is spec'd for 4K.
Thanks. Ordered an HDMI cable that said compatible with Roku TV’s and Dolby Vision

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks