What's new
World Wide Stereo

TCL Television not working... (1 Viewer)

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Post deleted by me.

Last edited:

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
They did help, by referring the OP to the TCL warranty dept. If he had purchased an extended warranty from BBY, then I would expect them to help out further. You would likely get the same level of service from any other big box retailer.

Actually, we provided the TCL Warranty contact info in this thread. I don't see anything from the OP suggesting otherwise. In any case, that's why I buy TV's and most other large ticket items from Costco. They always go the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.

Yeoman007

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rick
Sorry about that. I am getting nothing. No Audio, nothing on the screen, no power light. It's dead. No real symptoms to relay. But, here's all the steps I've tried with BestBuy and TCL recommendations, along with some I found online.
1. Tried a new power cord
2. Tried unplugging, waiting 60 seconds then plugging in again.
3. Tried doing #2 and then holding the power button in to discharge before plugging in again after 60 seconds.
3. Tried removing the batteries from remote. Holding the remote power button down for 60 seconds, then putting them back it.
4. Tried resetting using the reset button with a paper clip (the reset button near the HDMI inputs).
5. Tried another power outlet.
6. Tried a button sequence with remote for resetting TCL TV's. Press Home 5X, etc... -- I can attach if you'd like.

I never see any power lights, any image or shadow / lighting on the screen, etc..

I think it's perhaps a bad power board - found this on You-Tube

Anyway, that's about all the detail I have. It isn't doing anything so I just put it wasn't working.

Now praying TCL will help.

Hey, Mike. For future reference when talking to customer service people or technicians, that bit about "no power light" is definitely a real symptom. That's really the first thing to tell them about why you think it's not working. Don't ignore it as an unimportant detail. :)

Hope this helps you in the future, and good luck! I hope TCL makes everything good for you.

Rick

sfyalek

Agent
Real Name
Yalek
Thank you very much for your response! I found a site (after reading your answer) for helping to locate service centers. It's at https://www.service-center-locator.com/tcl/tcl-service-center.htm. I live not too far from Indianapolis, IN and luckily there are choices nearby. Hopefully I'll hear from them and get either a home visit or be able to take it in.

I guess, in the future, I'll buy the warranty at BestBuy. Not sure I'll get another TCL though.
Mike, if you purchased any products with the AE Platinum or Gold card or certain Visa Cards, the card company will automatically extend the warranty for at least one year and you do not need to buy extend warranty from BB. Check with your CC benefit policies whether you have this benefit.
If you do not hear any response from the supplier, call the concierge of the CC company, they will handle it on your behalf and they can get a faster response from the suppliers and the supplier will send you the replacement right away.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I've had some issues with my TCL TV simply not powering up regardless of whether I'm using the power button or remote. Fortunately, I've always been able to fix it by unplugging it and plugging it back in again, but it's happened frequently enough that I don't know that I'll buy the brand again.

Real Name
MIKE
That does seem to be power supply or power board related. Hopefully a service tech can diagnose and fix it. I wonder if it’s possible the tv took a lightning strike.
The TCL repair person came today and replaced the power board and the TV was up and running. It took her less than 15 minutes. She made sure it was working and took pictures. I asked her if this was common and she said, with TCL, it is very common. She said it's usually the power board but she had seen the main board have issues too. She told me, in the future, that the boards are readily available and it looked VERY easy to change.

TCL was actually very pleasant to deal with. I never called in to them. I reported everything on the internet and they responded via email. They were insistent that I troubleshoot and asked for a short video but were courteous and kept me informed.

Thought I'd update you and all the others who were so helpful to me.

Now I am trying to decide if I should keep the TV or try to sell it. We don't need another TV an my wife's folks already bought another one. I am a little afraid of it breaking again but I suppose it is fixable in the future if it happens again. What do you think?

I do need to buy legs for it (my in-laws didn't keep the ones it came with). If you or anybody here has a good idea for where to get them I'd appreciate you tips.

Anyway, thank you (and others) for your help!!!

Have a great week!!!

Real Name
MIKE
Mike, if you purchased any products with the AE Platinum or Gold card or certain Visa Cards, the card company will automatically extend the warranty for at least one year and you do not need to buy extend warranty from BB. Check with your CC benefit policies whether you have this benefit.
If you do not hear any response from the supplier, call the concierge of the CC company, they will handle it on your behalf and they can get a faster response from the suppliers and the supplier will send you the replacement right away.
You are absolutely correct! I bought this with a Chase card and, when I checked with them, they do cover it for an extended period! They even had me register it with them and were SUPER nice.

Thanks for the tip!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sp2024
Recent bookmarks