What's new

National Treasure and National Treasure 2 due 5/20/08 full details... (1 Viewer)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Both titles are being released 5/20. Here are full details

National Treasure:

NICOLAS CAGE LEADS ALL-STAR CAST ON A TREASURE HUNT FOR THE AGES
NATIONAL TREASURE: COLLECTOR’S EDITION
THE THRILLING ACTION-ADVENTURE COMES TO BLU-RAY™ HI_DEF ON MAY 20
Featuring Exclusive Never Before Seen Interactive Bonus Material Including
More Than 90 Minutes of Video Content

BURBANK, Calif., February 13, 2008 – From Producer Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy, Pearl Harbor) and Director Jon Turteltaub (Phenomenon, Disney’s The Kid), comes NATIONAL TREASURE: COLLECTOR’S EDITION, the hit action-adventure film, available for the first time on Blu-ray Hi-Def May 20, 2008. Starring Academy Award® winner Nicolas Cage (Best Actor, Leaving Las Vegas 1995; Gone in 60 Seconds, The Rock) and an all-star cast, NATIONAL TREASURE: COLLECTOR’S EDITION takes audiences on a breathtaking fortune hunt from our nation’s birthplace to the nation’s capitol, in order to find the world’s greatest treasure.
Coinciding with the release of National Treasure: Book of Secrets comes the collector’s edition of the exciting adventure that started it all. This non-stop, action packed film starring Nicholas Cage will have you on the edge of your seat as he uncovers clues from America’s past to unlock the mystery behind the worlds greatest treasure. See the original as never before with the incredible sight and sound of Disney Blu-ray.
Additionally, NATIONAL TREASURE: COLLECTOR’S EDITION on Blu-ray features exclusive interactive bonus material including “Mission History,” a look inside the Declaration of Independence, with more than 70 minutes of new video content, along with never before seen audio commentary by Director Jon Turteltaub and Actor Justin Bartha. Additionally, hours of bonus features from the standard definition release are also included, allowing audiences to uncover deleted scenes, an alternate ending, behind-the-scenes making-of featurettes and more.

Get closer to the edge of your seat with the Collector’s edition Blu-ray of this thrilling adventure staring Academy Award® winners Nicholas Cage and Jon Voight (Best Actor Coming Home 1978, Midnight Cowboy 1969) alongside (Harvey Keitel (Red Dragon, Pulp Fiction), Diane Kruger (Troy), Sean Bean (Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring), Justin Bartha (Gigli) and Christopher Plummer (Nicholas Nickleby).
Since boyhood, Benjamin Franklin Gates (Cage) has been obsessed with finding the legendary Knights Templar Treasure, the greatest fortune known to man. As he tries to find and decipher ancient riddles that will lead him to it, Gates is dogged by a ruthless enemy (Bean). Now in a race against time, Gates must steal one of America’ most sacred and guarded documents – the Declaration of Independence- or let it, and a key clue to the mystery, fall into dangerous hands. Heart-pounding c hases, close calls and the FBI turn Gates’ quest into a high-stakes crime caper and the most exciting treasure hunt you’ve ever experienced, now with a treasure trove of new special features.
NATIONAL TREASURE was produced by Jerry Bruckheimer and Jon Turteltaub. Directed by Jon Turteltaub. Assisted by Executive Producers Mike Stenson, Chad Oman, Christina Steinberg, Barry Waldman, Oren Aviv, Charles Segars. Story by Jim Kouf and Oren Aviv & Charles Segars. Screenplay by Jim Kouf and Cormac Wibberley & Marianne Wibberley.
STREET DATE: May 20, 2008
Suggested retail price: $34.99 U.S., $44.99 CAN, 2-Disc BD
Rated: “PG” For Action Violence and Some Scary Images
Bonus materials unrated
Feature running time: 131 minutes
Aspect ratio: 2.35:1
Sound: 5.1 PCM
Language: English
Subtitled: Spanish, French

National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets:

Walt Disney Pictures and Jerry Bruckheimer Present Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight, Helen Mirren, Ed Harris, Harvey Keitel, Diane Kruger and Justin Bartha in the greatest adventure in history!
National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets
Available on DVD, Two-Disc Gold Collector’s Edition DVD
and Blu-ray™ Disc on May 20, 2008
BURBANK, Calif., February 15, 2008 – Walt Disney Pictures and legendary action producer Jerry Bruckheimer (Pirates of the Caribbean) present a spectacular, star-studded race across the globe when National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets comes to DVD, two-disc Gold Collection DVD and Blu-ray Disc on May 20, 2008 from Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment. This thrilling Adventure for the Whole Family is priced at $29.99 SRP; 2-Disc Gold Collector’s Edition Gold Collection DVD and Blu-ray disc are each $34.99 SRP.
The missing pages of a diary hold a secret so explosive it could change the course of history in National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. An irresistible blend of historical fact and fiction, the high-voltage adventure stars Academy Award© winner Nicolas Cage (Best Actor; Leaving Las Vegas, 1996) as Benjamin Franklin Gates, treasure hunter extraordinaire. A search to uncover the truth behind the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, is packed with breathtaking stunts, awe-inspiring backdrops and a lightning-paced international treasure hunt.
Oscar© winners Jon Voight (Best Actor, 1979; Coming Home) and Helen Mirren (Best Actress, The Queen, 2007) head up an extraordinary supporting cast that also includes Oscar nominees Ed Harris (Best Actor, Pollock, 2001; and Best Supporting Actor; The Hours, 2003; The Truman Show 1999 and Apollo 13, 1996) and Harvey Keitel, (Best Supporting Actor, Bugsy, 1992) as well as rising stars Diane Kruger (Troy) and Justin Bartha (National Treasure). The film is directed by Jon Turteltaub, who also directed the blockbuster original.

The Two-Disc Gold Collector’s Edition Contains The Following Bonus Features on DVD and Blu-ray
DVD: Blu-ray:
• Audio Commentary - Director Jon Turteltaub and Academy award winning actor Jon Voight provide exclusive commentary for the film.
• Deleted Scenes - Jon Turteltaub introduces extended and deleted scenes including “Pursuit At Rushmore: The Unseen Chapter, ” in which the intrepid group of treasure hunters makes its way into the Black Hills of South Dakota while doing their best to avoid the FBI.
• The Treasure Reel - A collection of outtakes and bloopers from the set of National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
• Secrets of a Sequel - Filmmakers Jon Turteltaub and Jerry Bruckheimer join the cast and crew to talk about making the follow-up to the phenomenally successful National Treasure.
• The Book of Secrets: On Location - From the Black Hills and Badlands of South Dakota to London’s historic Buckingham Palace, National Treasure: Book of Secrets was given unprecedented access to previously off limits locations. Go behind the scenes at the Library of Congress, Mount Vernon, Buckingham Palace and the Statue of Liberty in Paris.
• Street Stunts: Creating the London Chase - Take a high speed tour of London’s most recognizable landmarks as the film’s unforgettable adrenaline-fueled chase scene is created in historic city streets.
• Inside the Library of Congress - An informative feature about the workings of the nation’s most important library provides an up-close look at precious national artifacts and the conservation techniques that safeguard these priceless pieces of American history.
• Underground Action - The sets, the stunts and the action that create the film’s powerful climax as the race to reach the lost City of Gold unfolds.
• Cover Story: Crafting the Presidents’ Book - A fascinating look at the propmasters and designers who created the legendary book central to National Treasure: Book of Secrets.
• Evolution of a Golden City - A look at the Hollywood sets, CGI techniques and visual effects that brought the legendary City of Gold to life.
• Knights of the Golden Circle - Who were the real Knights of the Golden Circle? A short documentary traces one of America’s most mysterious and influential organizations to its roots, including interviews with KGC expert Warren Getler, the cast and crew.
• Easter Eggs - Including a conversation about Beverly Hills High School with fellow alums Nic Cage and Jon Turteltaub, a look at the White House lawn scene as filmed in front of a blue screen and much more. All the same Bonus Features as the DVD:
• Audio Commentary
• Deleted Scenes
• The Treasure Reel
• Secrets of a Sequel
• The Book of Secrets: On Location
• Street Stunts: Creating the London Chase
• Inside the Library of Congress
• Underground Action
• Cover Story: Crafting the Presidents’ Book
• Evolution of a Golden City
• Knights of the Golden Circle
• Easter Eggs
Exclusive Blu-ray Bonus Features:
• Book of History: The Fact and Fiction of NT2 - Is National Treasure: Book of Secrets historical fact or historical fiction? Pop Quiz that test people on the history, characters, places and events that took place in the movie. Find out which historical details in the film are true and which were invented with an exclusive popup quiz. It is a fully-interactive in-movie experience.
• Two Additional Deleted Scenes - With introductions by director Jon Turteltaub

Treasure hunter Benjamin Franklin Gates is back—and this time it’s personal. When his great grandfather is implicated in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, Ben (Nicolas Cage) is determined to clear his name, even if it means bringing together his acrimoniously divorced parents (Jon Voight and Helen Mirren). In a rollicking adventure that ranges from Buckingham Palace to Mount Rushmore, Gates pursues the infamous Book of Secrets, said to contain the truth about everything from Ben’s grandfather to the JFK murder. Only one man has access to the storied volume—the president of the United States (Bruce Greenwood), and he won’t part with it willingly. As hidden clues and long buried mysteries emerge, National Treasure: Book of Secrets build to an unforgettable, heart pounding climax.
The National Treasure: Book of Secrets DVD is priced at $29.99 SRP in the US and $34.99 SRP in Canada. Both the two disc Gold Collector’s Edition DVD and the Blu-ray disc Disc are priced at $34.99 SRP US; and $44.99 SRP CAN. (the 2-Disc DVD is $41.99 in Canada and Blu-ray is $44.99 in Canada so can not open with “Both”
STREET DATE: May 20, 2008
Suggested retail price: US: $34.99 BD; $29.99 1-disc DVD; $34.99 2-disc DVD
CAN: $44.99 BD; $37.99 1-disc DVD; $41.99 2-disc DVD
Feature run time: 124 minutes
Rated: PG
Bonus material not rated.
Technical specifications may only apply to feature
Aspect ratio: Widescreen (2.35:1), 1080p
Sound: Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Languages: English, Spanish, French
Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment, a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry, is the marketing, sales and distribution company for Walt Disney, Touchstone, Hollywood Pictures, Miramax and Buena Vista product, which includes DVD, Blu-ray Disc™ and electronic distribution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is a division of The Walt Disney Studios.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
No mention of the Goofy short "How to Hook Up Your Home Theater" that opened National Treasure 2?!?! :confused:

The only reason I went to see Enchanted in the theaters was to see that short. It wasn't there. At the last minute, Disney moved it over to NT2 to "give a different section of their audience a taste of Disney animation." :rolleyes

While I was thrilled that I went to see Enchanted (it was terrific!), I NEVER got to see NT2...so, thusly, never got to see the Goofy short.

I was SURE it was going to be included on the BD. :frowning:

Why wouldn't it be included?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Good to see the BR has a 5.1 PCM track.

My view is, if there is room on the disc w/o compromising picture quality, then just go PCM. The Mouse has been pretty good in that regard.

Brian

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
"Additionally, hours of bonus features from the standard definition release are also included..."

Boy, I'd feel a lot better if that read "all of the bonus features from the standard definition release are also included..."

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Mike, is it possible that Disney considers that short as being part of the movie experience for NT2 and, thus, is not listing it as an extra in the announcement?

This is the first I've heard of the short, but it sounds interesting and I'd like to see it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

There is always hope, Scott...but I can't see Disney not listing something which could serve as a selling point for them.

Is another set of Goofy shorts due to be released in the Treasures series, I wonder?

HERE'S more on the Goofy short. Wait'll ya see the great poster for it! :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That is a nice poster. Hopefully, it gets released on some format, if it's not on the NT2 set. As for another Goofy Treasure release, all of the Goofy shorts were released in the two-disc "Complete Goofy" set.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
So if I read the product description for both titles correctly, the BD version of NT is a 2-disc set...while the BD version of NT2 is just a 1-disc set? Is Disney holding out on extra material for NT2 or wasn't there enough material to warrant 2 discs?

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member

For some reason, NT is a guilty pleasure for me, so I'll be picking that one up. Good of Disney to include the PCM 5.1 track on NT, but why doesn't Part 2 include one???

RomanSohor

Second Unit

I thought the same thing.. I'm glad I wasn't nuts... I KNEW it was supposed to be with "Enchanted"... maybe they will put it (albiet in SD) in the next round of Walt Disney Treasures, with Destino or something : )

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Glad to hear that it will include a lossless 5.1 PCM track. I actually put off owning the SD-DVD and decided to wait for the HD version to come out. I loved the first movie but will take a chance on the second film as I have not seen it yet. But National Treasure was high on my list of Blu-ray to get so I can not wait for this to hit the shelves. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks