What's new

My conversation posts are full (1 Viewer)

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Someone tried to start a conversation with me on a discussion thread, but he got a notification that my post limit was at the limit of 50 and I couldn't accept any more conversations. How do I empty my post mailbox so I can continue getting thread conversations from members? Thanks!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Go into your conversations and select all of your conversations. Once all of those conversations apppear, you can then check mark the box for each conversation you want deleted. At the bottom of the page, a pop up window will appear with several actions you can choose from, select the top one that says, "leave conversations". Selecting that action will delete those posts you check marked.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Robert -- I went to my conversation listing and checked all of the boxes for all of the conversations to delete them. I then clicked on Leave Conversation, but it didn't delete the postings. Did I do something wrong?

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
Look for a box like this one at the bottom of your screen. Click on the up/down arrows and the actions @Robert Crawford alluded to will appear.

1686432833406.png

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
After selecting leave and Clicked Go, did another popup come up asking something like Accept Future Messages or Ignore Future Conversation, then SAVE.

I don't think it will delete the messages until after answering the followup status question.

I just tried it with some 3-4 yo posts and they deleted immediately.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
After selecting leave and Clicked Go, did another popup come up asking something like Accept Future Messages or Ignore Future Conversation, then SAVE.

I don't think it will delete the messages until after answering the followup status question.

I'm wondering if it's tied to having an account upgrade like Premium which allows you to deleted conversations? Somebody with a higher pay grade will have to charm in here.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Thanks for the suggestion, David. No box like that pops up asking me those questions after I select "Leave Conversation". I'm not sure what to do.

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman

David -- I just tried your suggestion and this time it worked! I was able to delete my previous post messages. Thanks so much!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
David -- I just tried your suggestion and this time it worked! I was able to delete my previous post messages. Thanks so much!

Glad it got fixed -- did you something different? Turn off a popup blocker or Different computer/browser maybe (Mobile vs Regular Site), or the popup box just decided to come up this time with no explanation

Filmgazer

Second Unit
Real Name
Louis Helman
Glad it got fixed -- did you something different? Turn off a popup blocker or Different computer/browser maybe (Mobile vs Regular Site), or the popup box just decided to come up this time with no explanation
I seem to have pushed a different button this time after selecting "Leave Conversation" and the box you were talking about popped up. I was able to delete all of my post messages from the past few years and now I have room to send and receive personal texts from HTF members. Thanks so much for your help, David! 😃

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks