What's new

Stuttering on certain shows while streaming (1 Viewer)

ScottyD

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
First off, I’m new to the forum and this is my first post. I apologize if this issue has already been discussed but I couldn’t find an answer so hopefully this community can help. My issue is that I’m seeing a constant stutter/buffering while streaming BUT only on certain shows. It doesn’t looking like internet speed buffering. It looks like video/audio trying to sync up. I’ve seen it happen on three shows so far. “The Witcher” on Netflix, “Fall of The House Of Usher” on Netflix, and “The Mandalorian” on Disney+. I’ve also streamed other shows and plenty of movies on those networks where this doesn’t happen. I’m using a Sony VPM5000 Projector, ROKU Ultra 4k streaming device, and I’m hardwired to the internet, not WiFi. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone!

Scotty

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Welcome to the forum, Scott.

Is it actually, consistently stuttering the entire time w/ those specific shows every single time you play them? OR is it actually buffering? Those are 2 likely completely separate and different issues -- you already seem to negate buffering, so...

I also sometimes see consistent stuttering on a few particular shows though I haven't really bothered to solve them (as they're not shows I generally care much about).

IF it's a very consistent stuttering, there could be some kinda software and/or settings issue related to how the app and/or your Roku (and its OS, etc) is handling some specific shows that might have potentially problematic frame rates or the like... although I wouldn't have expected that at least for recent shows like The Witcher and The Mandalorian as well as The Fall of The House of Usher (vs some older shows that could more likely have such issue due to whatever telecine/processing/streaming/playback deficiencies and/or mix-ups).

Do you have your Roku set to play back at frame rates matching the original content/source? If you're not sure or don't know what I mean, then that might be the problem. Check here:

Also, I am assuming your Sony PJ can handle all frame rates, including pure 24fps, pure 30 and 60 as well as 23.976, 29.97, 59.94, etc. IF not, that could also be part of the issue. Is your PJ's firmware fully up-to-date?

_Man_

ScottyD

Auditioning
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the reply, Man! My auto refresh was set to “Off” and I just switched it “On”. I’ll let you know if that worked.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks