What's new

Multi Room Advice Please. (1 Viewer)

BigCountry

Auditioning
Real Name
scott
My situation is that the house I am in has prexisting wiring for an intercom system that is not being used. It is wired with 16uga 4 conductor speaker wire. Origionally I had not planned to use this for audio, but due to the configuration of the house it makes running new wires impossible w/o cutting and refinishing walls. What I have decided to do is to install a dual voice coil speaker in each room with volume control next to each speaker. I know this is not the best solution for sound, but I can't see much other choice. The home gym has access above and will be fitted with a better sounding setup. I need advise on what options I have. The only Dual voice coil speakers I can find are round in-celing speakers, but the location would make these look out of place. Are there dual voice coil / dual tweeter in wall speakers that would be capable of playing both left and right signals from a single location? Or will I be forced to install a pair of speakers next to one another in order to play full stereo sound? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BigCountry

Auditioning
Real Name
scott
That Boston Acoustic looks to be perfect. Thanks alot and if anyone else has some input, I'm all ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Recent bookmarks