What's new

Miss Match Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
11/14/03

It was hard to keep up with all of the characters in the "Thanksgiving" episode of Miss Match.

Michael can't quite make himself break up with his overly-analytical/possessive new girlfriend, but due to circumstances, things work out and Michael passive-aggressively gets the point across, and he gets his break-up. But the nerdy guy is there to swoop in and catch Michael's now ex-nerdy of a girlfriend (I wish I remembered her name).

The rapper and the child custody case was simply there to tug at the heartstrings at the very end when the mother brings the kids over to Kate's.

Overall, a messy episode, but cute enough based on Alicia Silverstone's charisma.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
In all the shows I've seen with Dina Meyer I've never liked her characters. There's just something about the type she gets cast for that rubs me the wrong way. The reasons are obvious with Miss Match, but she bugged me in Friends, Starship Troopers, even Birds of Prey. I suppose the dominant descriptor is she plays bitches, but there are exceptions like Birds of Prey. Anyone else feeling the same vibe?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dina seems to always play assertive women who go after what they want. No problems from me with that trait.

I did think last night's episode was bordering on dumb or inane for a lack of a better term.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I have no problems with that trait either. For example, I believe we share a mutual affection for the Lorelai Gilmore character, who is definitely the assertive type. Others I could name are Karen Sisco, Sidney Bristow, etc. I have no problems with strong women characters; I guess I have a problem when there's no vulnerable side.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Well, here's hoping Dina Meyer's guest spot has ended. I was getting more irritated with every episode.

Nice seeing Fillion in another show.

Victoria and Nick will probably wind up in the hospital too after the wine cellar. That looked too painful (but then also in a good way).

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
More Charisma Carpenter this past week... shame she has to resort to rehashing Cordelia from Buffy, but with even less depth.

MattBu

Stunt Coordinator
Have we not come further than boiling every series down to

"Will they or wont they?"?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else notice "Bad Santa" was Kerr Smith (Jack from Dawnson's Creek)? This show also reminds me of The Love Boat in how these guest stars from defunct TV shows appear on this show.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Looks like we won't see new eps until March as Ed is taking its spot until the end of February.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks