What's new

The Farmer's Daughter (1963-1966) (1 Viewer)

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I have a set with 64 of the 101 episodes from Nostalgia Merchant (not sure if they're connected to the Nostalgia Merchant from years ago that released a lot of classic titles, many RKO titles, on VHS). They're not too bad, however the audio is somewhat muffled at times on some of the episodes and they are edited episodes running between 22 and 23 minutes long. The episodes appear to be from chopped up 16mm prints. The NM logo also appears for a few seconds in the middle of each episode. There are some sets out there with 80 episodes, but not sure of the quality of those. Better than nothing, but this is another show that deserves a decent commercial release on DVD or Blu.
I have both sets. I think the 80 episode set has better picture quality IMO but that's because they used mostly recordings from the televised CBN edited episodes. The 64 episode set has more complete unedited episodes but those are mostly from 16mm, and the picture quality is not as good as the televised ones because some of them look like second or third generation copies plus the fact that they crammed about 10 episodes on a disc. But I'm glad both versions are out there for people who prefer better picture quality or unedited episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks