What's new

Miss Match Ongoing Thread (1 Viewer)

Don Black

Screenwriter
I thought it was pretty good. Made me remeber why I fell in love with Alicia back in '92-'94. =)

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
Yup. I enjoyed the pilot too. Will be tuning in each week. Now if the network can just move either Miss Match or Joan of Arcadia to a different time slot, then I would be happy. My VCR is so flaky, I can't trust it to reliably record one of the show, while I watch the other.

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it's unusual to have two new watchable shows on Friday nights, and they put them on opposite each other. Both Miss Match and JOA really look like Sunday night material, but it looks like Sunday might be becoming crime fighting/spy night.

I've always liked Alicia, but she really hasn't done anything since Batman and Robin. Miss Match is a good vehicle for her to get her career back in gear.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Alicia Silverstone is one of those young actresses that is getting better with age. I liked the pilot, and we need more of the bartender friend!

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Weak. I'm really sort of amazed that there's been so much buzz around this and Jake 2.0, both of which struck me as pretty lackluster. Ryan O'Neal just sucks up screen time with his uncharisma, and Silverstone... She just doesn't seem to belong. Maybe it's because she still doesn't look old enough to be playing a lawyer (and doesn't seem to dress the part), or her delivery seems more suited to a sitcom. There were moments when I found her charming, but many more where the whole thing seemed contrived.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
[cartman]oh %*& %$#&%#, *&%$%*&#%$[/cartman]

Having latterly LOVEed Alicia (one of my two preteen TV crushes) I have always like her characters. Im really bummed I missed the pilot, epically as everyone here seems to like it. Does anyone know if it is scheduled to re-air?

Al Shing

Stunt Coordinator
Apparently, JOA killed this in the ratings, just the opposite of what I would have expected. So watch it while you still can.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/3/03 episode:

Watch my recording of the 2nd episode last night, and I'm starting to get that "Love Boat on land" feeling for this show. At least she's now incorporating this side venture into a full-time occupation by the end of the episode. The presence/absence of chemistry between 2 people seems to be the driving point of the 2 subplots.

This is definitely an eye-candy show, but I don't know it's going to find an audience on Friday nights, where the demographic is out trying to find that special someone out and about.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I dunno, Friday seems like a good night for it. I don't think its audience is really the young crowd, but the same couples group as Ed (which did fairly well when moved to Friday last season) and Providence. I think NBC would like to get some of the younger audience and is hoping Alicia Silverstone will lure them in, but I don't know if both this and Joan Of Arcadia can both thrive in the slot.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, Arcadia is a better show, based on the 2 episodes of MM and 1 of JoA I've seen. The two shows have similar audiences, which were more likely to have been watching CBS over the summer.

Lance Nichols

Supporting Actor
I have the two eps burned to DVD, thanks to my AIW, but have not watched them yet, will spen them up tonight. I had a crush on Alicia since "Aerosmith", and think that she has been pretty under played, bias aside.

BTW, she did not disapear, she went and did some plays ("The Graduate") and voice acting for her own animated series, as well as some other titles.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
But Boston Public is on at 9 p.m. EST! Doh! Decisions...decisions...oh wait, I have plenty of recorders to handle the new load at 9 p.m.

Jodee

Screenwriter
I am happy about the time change. I love this show and I want it to do well. I'd rather see it on a different night-- I think this would be a good water cooler show and being on Friday nights it doesn't have the next-day buzz factor.

But I think it's smart to not program it opposite a show that has much of the same audience.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/10/03 episode

The show is like watching "Clueless: the adult years" for me, and that's not all that bad. Victoria is still the find on the show. So far, it's still a guilty pleasure for me.

The guest appearance of Charisma Carpenter was okay, she's good at playing the snippity snobby brat of a woman. :) Dr. Dean's inferiority complex and his chiropractic prowess with his hands made for an amusing character. The hot nanny appearance (with the female UPS deliverery person dropping the pen in her mouth as a good sight gag).

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I tuned in this past Friday because Carisma Carpenter was going to be on.
I really wanted to like this show but I didnt care for it all that much.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/17/03

Another fluffy episode, but we finally get Kate's ex-boyfriend out of the picture.

Eddie Kay Thomas makes an appearance, and he's the lucky guy who goes on a date with Victoria.

Kate's lawyer boy who sweeps the girl who proposes the "set up my boyfriend with dates so he can get the dating thing out of his system" was actually a more likable person as the season rolls on. The girl was sort of cute as well.

The actual law case was dull.

Henry C

Stunt Coordinator
I kinda like this show, with Alicia being eye candy and all. It's kinda of a cute show, but nothing that really makes it a must see. But since I can TIVO it and watch anytime, I will continue to catch it. Hope it sticks around for a while.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
10/24/03

If you ever saw the Fox special "Bridezillas" you'd know that folks in NYC spend a buttload on weddings as well.

Good to see Will (From Alias) get some work (and fake sun).

Where have I seen that girl that got set up with Michael?

Victoria looked pretty hot in her Halloween outfit.

I also had recorded the 8 p.m. show because I thought it was going to be 2 episodes of Miss Match. I did not need the Dateline interview with Pamela Anderson...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks