What's new

Midnite Movies going OOP? (1 Viewer)

Mark*Mac

Auditioning
Does anyone know what's going on with MGM's 'Midnite Movies' line? I finally went to purchase WHO SLEW AUNTIE ROO/WHAT'S THE MATTER WITH HELEN and it seems most on-line sources are sold out. I checked a couple of other titles like MOTEL HELL, PSYCH-OUT, THE ATTIC, some of the Poe films, etc. and all of them seem to be unavailable now. Second-hand sellers still have some, but are all of these titles really going OOP? Why is MGM discontinuing these? I know the last batch of "Midnite Movies" were Best Buy exclusives and may still be available there, but all the ones before that seem to be OOP now. I guess MGM just decided to sell off what they made and call it quits with those? Better hurry up and get the ones I want.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
Most of the films released as singles are being re-released as double features so that might explain some of the titles not being out there. Of the ones you mentioned, I've seen them at my Best Buy within the past two weeks.

Mark*Mac

Auditioning
Yes, I know some of them can still be found at certain B&M stores such as Best Buy, but what I'm getting at is if they ARE going OOP, then whatever stock is out there may be all there will be on these titles. And as far as on-line retailers go, many of these titles are now unavailable even at bestbuy.com. Amazon is sold out of practically all of them (bar the second-hand marketplace sellers). And I am talking about the double-features, not the earlier single releases (which I assumed were phased out already anyway).

I just did a search for "Midnite Movies" at DVDAficionado and the whole list came up indicating many of those double features are indeed "DISCONTINUED". However, other titles that came out at the same time as some of those don't indicate anything so who knows how reliable that information really is.

Whatever may be going on, I think it's a good idea to snatch up whatever ones you may want asap. They may be easy to find right now, but who knows what it will be like in a month or two. I'm just guessing MGM produced a certain number of all of these and once they're gone, that's it.

Shawn_Sek

Stunt Coordinator
ya when i heard about this, i started to look for the Deranged/Motel Hell DVD and it was very difficult to find. out of stock everywhere and unavailable to order. luckily i grabbed the last copy at Best Buy for 9.99. Media Play has it as well but its 13.99 there. that would have been a last resort. i agree, if you want these, you shouldnt wait too long.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
DVD DRIVE IN, says a new batch is coming in MARCH to BEST BUY, with some reissues, and several new titles.
Nothing I am interested in- I AM WAITING FOR "BURN WITCH BURN" and a FEW OTHERS, I do not know why, they keep reissuing the same titles.
Alan

Jason Hennigan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason Hennigan
Didn't Best Buy get some sort of exclusivity with this line a few months back?

Matthew Kiernan

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, it seems that Best Buy is now the exclusive location for the entire Midnight Movies line. I believe that all the titles are available at both the stores and at Best Buy.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks