What's new

On the trail of the Cisco Kid ~ Early Color TV Series 1950-1956 (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I remember watching these in the local movie house on saturday afternoons as a kid mixed in with George Reeves as Superman and a assortment of Popeye, Tom & Jerry and Droopy cartoons. As the market for home media ecalated, I never saw any decent copies of The Cisco Kid being offered? Sure you can go to Youtube and watch bad washed out episodes, and those same versions are dropped onto DVDs in the Mega Western Boxsets...mixed with other titles you may or may not want. It seems a shame that you can get some decent copies if Branded, the Rifleman, Bonanza, The Rable, Bat Masterson (also produced by ZIV) yet all we see today as faded memories of the once brilliant colored episodes of Cisco & Pancho!!

I've done soome digging and it seems that they ended up with UA/MGM/Sony. With all the aquasitions and buying frenzy, the smoke has not yey settled, but...knowing that these could be in the UA/MGM tv archives, does anyone have any contact info that might lay to rest the possibility that any of the original film elements for this series have survived? Is there any chance that they would be willing to licence it to a second party to restore what epoisodes might remain?
I know that over the 5 yr period, that 156 full color episodes were produced. The few that are out there are in such poor shape, they're almost unwatchable. I would love to see a way to restore the exsisting episodes from as close to OCN as possible, giving it back some dignity and off future generations the opportunity to see hear and enjoy these adventures as I did as a kid, sitting in thast dark theater and all the other kids all those years ago Cheering and enjoying The Adventures of the Cisco Kid & Pancho...fully restored!!!

SuperClark

Second Unit
Real Name
Clark
All 6 seasons are available on Freevee/amazon for all who have an amazon account,quality is ok its watchable in 720 resolution.I bought a shirt years ago exactly like Cisco's, black with the white scorpions near the top shoulders.I want Adam Cartwright hat.

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I remember watching these in the local movie house on saturday afternoons as a kid mixed in with George Reeves as Superman and a assortment of Popeye, Tom & Jerry and Droopy cartoons. As the market for home media ecalated, I never saw any decent copies of The Cisco Kid being offered? Sure you can go to Youtube and watch bad washed out episodes, and those same versions are dropped onto DVDs in the Mega Western Boxsets...mixed with other titles you may or may not want. It seems a shame that you can get some decent copies if Branded, the Rifleman, Bonanza, The Rable, Bat Masterson (also produced by ZIV) yet all we see today as faded memories of the once brilliant colored episodes of Cisco & Pancho!!

I've done soome digging and it seems that they ended up with UA/MGM/Sony. With all the aquasitions and buying frenzy, the smoke has not yey settled, but...knowing that these could be in the UA/MGM tv archives, does anyone have any contact info that might lay to rest the possibility that any of the original film elements for this series have survived? Is there any chance that they would be willing to licence it to a second party to restore what epoisodes might remain?
I know that over the 5 yr period, that 156 full color episodes were produced. The few that are out there are in such poor shape, they're almost unwatchable. I would love to see a way to restore the exsisting episodes from as close to OCN as possible, giving it back some dignity and off future generations the opportunity to see hear and enjoy these adventures as I did as a kid, sitting in thast dark theater and all the other kids all those years ago Cheering and enjoying The Adventures of the Cisco Kid & Pancho...fully restored!!!

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
I think it is a Paul Brownstein property the same firm that has Dick Van Dyke Show might be wrong - batting 0 lately You might be right though == MGM has Highway Patrol

Last edited:

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I think it is a Paul Brownstein property the same firm that has Dick Van Dyke Show might be wrong - batting 0 lately You might be right though == MGM has Highway Patrol
There's been so many acquistions, buyouts and plundering going on that I don't think anyone knows exactly what they DO own!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks