What's new

New Mill Creek 150 Episode Western Collection - Western TV Treasures 150 Episodes 10/13/09 (1 Viewer)

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Excited to see they are releasing their 4th collection on October 13th! It will be nice to fill in some of the missing episodes from the previous collections.

Included:
  • The Adventures of Champion (1955) B&W 10 EPISODES
  • The Adventures of Jim Bowie (1956) B&W 7 EPISODES
  • The Adventures of Kit Carson (1951) B&W 12 EPISODES
  • Annie Oakley (1954) B&W 27 EPISODES
  • Buffalo Bill Jr. (1955) B&W 6 EPISODES
  • The Cisco Kid (1950) Color 3 EPISODES
  • Cowboy G-Men (1952) B&W 13 EPISODES
  • Dusty s Trail (1973) Color 3 EPISODES
  • The Gabby Hayes Show (1950) B&W 11 EPISODES
  • Hudson s Bay (1959) B&W 18 EPISODES
  • Judge Roy Bean (1956) Color 4 EPISODES
  • Lash of the West (1953) B&W 1 EPISODE
  • Night Rider (1962) Color 1 EPISODE
  • The Range Rider (1951) B&W 2 EPISODES
  • The Roy Rogers Show (1951) B&W 18 EPISODES
  • Stories of the Century (1954) B&W 2 EPISODES
  • Tate (1960) B&W 3 EPISODES
  • The Tim McCoy Show (1952) B&W 4 EPISODES
  • US Marshal/Sheriff of Cochise (1956) B&W 5 EPISODES
Western TV Treasures – 150 Episodes
Disc 1
The Adventures of Champion
Life in the American Southwest during the 1880’s would be a dream come true for a boy like Ricky North (Barry Curtis). Living on his Uncle Sandy’s ranch, Ricky had exciting adventures every day that he shared with Champion, the Wonder Horse and his dog Rebel. This fan-favorite western from the 1950s brought to you these exciting adventures every week right into your home!
Starring Barry Curtis, Jim Bannon
(1955 - 1956) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Andrew and the Deadly Double
2. Bad Men of the Valley
3. Brand of the Lawless
4. Canyon of Wanted Men
5. Crossroads Trail
6. The Deer Hunter
7. Hangman's Noose
8. Lost River
9. The Saddle Tramp
10. Salted Ground

Tate
This classic Western from the early 1960’s featured a unique character to the genre, a one-armed gunslinger. Tate was a veteran of the Civil War where he saw his left arm rendered immobile due to an injury. After the war was over, Tate heads on the road using his talents as a gunfighter to earn a living and bring some justice to the Old West.
Starring David McLean
(1960) B&W 30 Minutes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Voice of the Town
2. A Lethal Pride
3. Return of Jessica Jackson

Disc 2
The Gabby Hayes Show
Everyone's favorite western sidekick Gabby Hayes brings you tales from the Old West in this 1950's TV series. Gabby sits on his porch, whittling away, while he spins his yarns about ropin' and ridin'. Gabby's stories of western adventure are sure to entertain young and old alike!
Starring Gabby Hayes
(1956) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Watchmaker
2. Plumber
3. Muscles
4. Telescope
5. Jumpin' Jack
6. Silver Skate
7. Swan Dive
8. Long Rope
9. Mountain Goat
10. Chuck Wagon
11. Mosquito

Lash of the West
Legendary Western film star Lash LaRue and his horse Black Diamond bring to you episodes of some of his favorite Western tales each week in this program from the 1950’s. On occasion, some of Lash’s old co-stars would stop by for a visit and share in the fun by recalling their adventures together. This is another fine piece of Americana from those classic days of television.
Starring Lash LaRue, Black Diamond
(1953) B&W 15 minute episode Unrated

The Night Rider
This classic television Western features legendary musician Johnny Cash as the main character, Johnny Laredo. Laredo is a gunfighter who rides by night in order to avoid the numerous enemies he’s made over the years. A visit to the Gallaway House by Laredo brings some conflict and resolution to his long travels. This program also stars Country Music singer Merle Travis and 1940’s Western movie star Eddie Dean.
Starring Johnny Cash, Merle Travis, Eddie Dean
(1962) B&W 30 minute episode Unrated

Disc 3
Cowboy G-Men
Watch the exciting adventures of Pat Gallagher (Russell Hayden) and Stoney Crockett (Jackie Coogan), government agents with a mission to bring peace and justice to the West. Pat and Stoney travel far and wide, facing all kinds of danger and outlaws gunning to stop them.
Starring Russell Hayden, Jackie Coogan
(1952) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. California Bullets
2. Double Crossed
3. Ghost Town Mystery
4. Hangfire
5. Koniackers
6. Center Fire
7. Ridge of Ghosts
8. Running Iron
9. Salted Mines
10. The Sidewinder
11. Silver Fraud
12. Spring the Trap
13. Stolen Dynamite

Disc 4
The Adventures of Kit Carson
One of a series of popular 1950’s TV Westerns, “The Adventures of Kit Carson” featured the stories of Kit and his Mexican friend El Toro. The two traveled from town to town in the American Southwest fighting crimes and upholding the law.
Starring Bill Williams, Don Diamond, Hank Patterson
(1955) B&W 30 Minutes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Desperate Sheriff
2. Enemies of the West
3. Fury at Red Gulch
4. Law of the Frontier
5. The Murango Story
6. Outlaw Paradise
7. Pledge to Danger
8. Range Master
9. Roaring Challenge
10. Spoiler of California
11. Ticket to Mexico
12. Ventura Fraud

Disc 5
The Cisco Kid
This classic western series was the first to be filmed in color, even though the majority of television sets in the country were black and white. The show presented the tales of The Cisco Kid (Duncan Renaldo) and his trusty sidekick Pancho (Leo Carrillo) as they traveled about the West, coming to the aid of those in need of it. One of the most interesting aspects about this program is the fact the main characters were Hispanic and presented in a positive manner, making it unique since most programming on television at the time featured Caucasian performers presenting shows geared toward a Caucasian audience.
Starring Duncan Renaldo, Leo Carrillo
(1950 - 1956) Color 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Jar Jellies
2. Cattle Quarantine
3. False Marriage

Judge Roy Bean
This classic TV Western from the 1950s stars Edgar Buchanan as Judge Roy Bean, “The Only Law West of the Pecos”! Bringing his own brand of fair and honest judgment to the town of Langtry, Judge Bean set out to rein in the lawlessness in the territory.
Starring Edgar Buchanan, Jackie Loughery, Jack Beutel
(1956) Color 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Delivered the Body
2. The Elopers
3. The Horse Thief
4. Luck O' the Irish

Buffalo Bill Jr.
Buffalo Bill Jr. and his sister Calamity live in the small western town of Wileyville. The siblings are watched over by Judge Ben “Fair and Square” Wiley and together the three of them keep the peace in the territory. Whether it outlaws, renegade Indians or settlers it trouble, you can bet that Buffalo Bill Jr., Calamity and Judge Wiley will see to it that everything turns out right!
Starring Dickie Jones, Nancy Gilbert, Harry Cheshire
(1955 - 1956) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Apache Raid
2. The Calico Kid
3. Devil's Washbowl
4. The First Posse
5. Hooded Vengeance
6. The Lucky Horseshoe

Disc 6
The Adventures of Jim Bowie
This 50’s television series centered on Jim Bowie, Alamo hero and inventor of the knife which bears his name. The tales take place in Louisiana in the early 1800’s with Bowie traveling around New Orleans and the bayou country, meeting family and friends while also righting wrongs.
Starring Scott Forbes, Robert Cornthwaite, Peter Hansen
(1956 – 1958) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Broomstick Wedding
2. Deputy Sheriff
3. The Ghost of Jean Batoo
4. Jim Bowie and His Slave
5. Natchez Trace
6. The Return of Alcidade
7. The Swordsman

Dusty’s Trail
Wagon master Callahan and his assistant Dusty are leading a rag-tag bunch of pioneers out West to the promise of a new life for all. Unfortunately, Dusty’s mistakes end up causing Callahan to become separated from the wagon train they were following. Now forced to lead their group of untrained settlers without any true sense of where they were headed, Callahan and Dusty take their wagon train from one hilarious misadventure to the next.
Starring Bob Denver, Forrest Tucker, Ivor Francis
(1973) Color 30 Minutes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Androcles and the Bear
2. My Fair Callahan
3. Wizard of Ooze

The Range Rider
This classic television series from the early 1950s starred Jock Mahoney as The Range Rider, who traveled the West bringing aid and justice to those he encountered. Aiding the Range Rider in his efforts was Dick West (Dickie Jones), the All-American Boy who was a top-notch rider as well as quick on the draw.
Starring Jack Mahoney, Dickie Jones, Stanley Andrews
(1951 - 1953) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Baron of Broken Bow
2. Let 'Er Buck
3. Two-Fisted Justice

Disc 7
Annie Oakley
One of the fastest guns in the West, Annie Oakley used her skills to help her friend, Deputy Sheriff Lofty Craig, maintain the peace in the town of Diablo. Along on her adventures, Annie’s little brother Tagg was sometimes as much of a cause of trouble as he was an aid to Annie and Deputy Craig.
Starring Gail Davis, Jimmy Hawkins, Brad Johnson
(1954 – 1956) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Amateur Outlaw
2. Annie and the Bicycle Riders
3. Annie and the Brass Collar
4. Annie and the First Phone
5. Annie and the Six O' Spades
6. Annie and the Texas Sandman
7. Annie and the Twisted Trails
8. Annie Rides the Navajo Trail
9. Annie Rings the Bell
10. Dead Man's Bluff
11. Dude's Decision
12. Dutch Gunmaker
13. Escape from Diablo

Disc 8
Annie Oakley
One of the fastest guns in the west, Annie Oakley used her skills to help her friend, Deputy Sheriff Lofty Craig, maintain the peace in the town of Diablo. Along on her adventures, Annie’s little brother Tagg was sometimes as much of a cause of trouble as he was an aid to Annie and Deputy Craig.
Starring Gail Davis, Jimmy Hawkins, Brad Johnson
(1954 – 1956) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Flint and Steel
2. The Iron Smoke-Wagon
3. Joker on Horseback
4. Outlaw Brand
5. Outlaw Mesa
6. Powder Rock Stampede
7. The Reckless Press
8. Renegade’s Return
9. Sundown Stage
10. A Tall Tale
11. The Tomboy
12. Treasure Map
13. Valley of Shadows
14. Western Privateer

Disc 9
Sheriff of Cochise/United States Marshal
Although the title of this series had it appear to be a Western, this program was actually set in modern day Cochise County, Arizona and featured stories surrounding Sheriff Frank Morgan. This tough lawman was faced with all the modern problems normally seen by a city police force but was featured in a beautiful Western setting. Whether faced with speeding criminals or fisticuffs, Sheriff Morgan was on the job protecting the citizens of Tucson and Cochise County.
Starring John Bromfield, Roy Engel, Stan Jones
(1956 – 1960) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. The Fugitives
2. Husband and Wife
3. Mary Jo is Missing
4. The Relatives

Stories of the Century
This classic Western had stories centered upon railroad detectives Matt Clark and Frankie Adams. These partners traveled the railways across the country tracking down criminals who preyed upon those people riding and using the trains. Some of the West’s most legendary tales were told through the eyes of these railroad lawmen.
Starring Jim Davis, Mary Castle, Kristine Miller
(1954 - 1955) B&W 30 Minutes episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Rube Burrows
2. Tiburcio Vasquez

The Tim McCoy Show
Authentic cowboy and film star Tim McCoy hosted a weekly Western program featuring classic movie clips and stories from the host. Personal recollections about his experiences in the actual West, along with his film career, entertained one and all. Plenty of action and excitement filled the airwaves between the films and McCoy’s narratives.

Episodes:
1. Deadwood Days
2. Cowboy Gear
3. Chisholm Trail
4. Yehl, The Sun, The Moon and The Stars

Disc 10
Hudson’s Bay – Starring John Clark, Barry Nelson, George Tobias
(1959) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated
This adventure series from the late 1950s featured stories connected to the Hudson’s Bay Company. Famous for its fur trade shortly after North America was colonized, this television series told tales of adventure each week to its eager viewers. Trappers, Explorers, Native Americans, French and British alike all traveled the territory seeking their fortunes and finding fame and adventure.

Episodes:
1. Battle of the Mississippi
2. Blue Eyed Squaw
3. Bosom Friends
4. The Coward
5. The Crees
6. The Duel
7. An Eye for an Eye
8. Five Against Sunrise
9. Jury of his Peers
10. The Law
11. Mac Leod's Witch
12. Martinet

Disc 11
Hudson’s Bay – Starring John Clark, Barry Nelson, George Tobias
(1959) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated
This adventure series from the late 1950s featured stories connected to the Hudson’s Bay Company. Famous for its fur trade shortly after North America was colonized, this television series told tales of adventure each week to its eager viewers. Trappers, Explorers, Native Americans, French and British alike all traveled the territory seeking their fortunes and finding fame and adventure.

Episodes:
1. Mysterious Journey
2. Civilization
3. Partners
4. Retribution
5. A Voice in the Wilderness
6. The Watch

The Roy Rogers Show
Travel back to those early days of television to the Double R Bar Ranch, where you will find America’s favorite singing cowboy Roy Rogers. Re-live the exciting adventures of Roy, his horse Trigger and his faithful dog Bullet, as they work their ranch with the lovely Dale Evans and her horse Buttermilk. Don’t forget trusty Pat Brady and his jeep Nellybelle, who were always up for fun and adventure with Roy and Dale.
Starring Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, Pat Brady
(1951 – 1957) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. "M" Stands for Murder
2. And Sudden Death
3. Born Fugitive
4. Boys' Day at Paradise Valley
5. Carnival Killer
6. Dead End Trail

Disc 12
The Roy Rogers Show
Travel back to those early days of television to the Double R Bar Ranch, where you will find America’s favorite singing cowboy Roy Rogers. Re-live the exciting adventures of Roy, his horse Trigger and his faithful dog Bullet, as they work their ranch with the lovely Dale Evans and her horse Buttermilk. Don’t forget trusty Pat Brady and his jeep Nellybelle, who were always up for fun and adventure with Roy and Dale.
Starring Roy Rogers, Dale Evans, Pat Brady
(1951 – 1957) B&W 30 Minute episodes Unrated

Episodes:
1. Go Get Your Guns
2. Hard Luck Story
3. The Hermit’s Secret
4. Hidden Treasures
5. Land Swindle
6. Outlaws Town
7. The Minister's Son
8. The Set-Up
9. Quick Draw
10. Shoot to Kill
11. Peril from the Past

The Roy Rogers & Dale Evans Show
This musical variety show starred Roy Rogers and Dale Evans in a tribute to the West through songs and comedy sketches. A marvelous mix of musical numbers and skits entertained the whole family in this television special. Guest stars included Charlie Weaver, Kathy Taylor, Kirby Buchanan and the Sons of the Pioneers.
Starring Roy Rogers, Dale Evans
(1962) B&W 60 minute episode Unrated

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Is there anyone interested in this release? Any comments, Good/Bad. After 3 released collections, this doesn't seem interesting anymore? I'm a bit surprise the group of regulars that would be discussing this hasn't been around to comment.

S

silverking

Well Brian, welcome though it is I don't see much there of interest. Most of it I imagine we have seen on other PD releases. Gabby Hayes, Tim McCoy & Lash of the West are not really TV westerns in the true sense of the word.

Well over 2/3 rd of the others I already have but will wait to see the episode titles, I think Mill Creek must have struggled to put this together.

Surprised they never followed up their 150 Greatest Detectives with another release though.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Originally Posted by silverking /forum/thread/292919/new-mill-creek...-treasures-150-episodes-10-13-09#post_3606754

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Well, I agree that this collection by itself wouldn't be much to get excited about, but I believe it is a good release if you have collected the other 3 sets. Especially if you never collected other PD material before hand, like me. I didn't start collecting PD material before Mill Creek provided it at such an affordable way.
I agree that a second release of the Detective genre would be most welcome.

Charles Ellis

Senior HTF Member
It's amazing the number of TV shows of the past that are in the public domain. It seems like an endless supply at times, even including stuff from the 70s!

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
I am glad to get more HUDSON BAY. I never thought of Barry Nelson as an action star. I knew him from the panel shows like TO TELL THE TRUTH, I think. I like the "Easterns" like Hudson Bay. (and Northwest Passage and Hawkeye)

As a Hopalong Cassidy fan I am interested in the early color show Judge Roy Bean, and Cowboy G-Men since they both featured and were produced by Russell "Lucky" Hayden. (Hayden also produced 26 MEN.) Plus they are good shows.

Jimmyr

Auditioning
Real Name
Jimmy
I am certainly glad for these economical sets. Even if some of these have been released on other PD sets, who wants to buy all those smaller sets?

There are 2 episodes of Stories of The Century. Previous Millcreek releases had all the episodes except 2 so this is likely those missing ones. That, then, would be a complete series within these 150 packs.

Note to Brian--Thanks for those lists you have put together in the past. I printed them for reference.

I look forward to receiving the episode listings for this new release to find out what we are getting.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
I recently picked up the Mill Creek 300 Western episode collection (which I guess is just the first two 150 packs combined). Currently watching The Cisco Kid shows, and while certainly not too deep in the writing of the plots, it's a fine way to pass some time. I'll add this upcoming release to my collection, as the price is right, and Mill Creek does a pretty good job with their PD material.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Quote: From Jimmyr
Note to Brian--Thanks for those lists you have put together in the past. I printed them for reference.

You are certainly welcome. I appreciate the thanks. I will be updating and reposting the list as soon as we get episode confirmation. I have the list in a spreadsheet and I would be lost without it because I like to watch them in order and it helps me remember where I left off.

I just picked up the TMG: Classic TV Western Collection (From Sam's Club &14.88) and there are some episodes that haven't been included in the previous 3 Mill Creek sets. But now I'm thinking some of them may show up in this new Mill Creek release making many duplicates in my collection. That's one semi-frustrating issue with collecting PD material, the amount of duplication that starts to occur as your collection grows. O'well at least we have access to this wonderful classic material and it's so cheap!

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
Mill Creek was helpful enough to provide a complete listing of the episodes. Great looking addition to the first 3 releases. Please visit Mill Creek Entertainment, millcreekent.com for more information!

I'm working on the update to the episode list for all 4 collections. I should be able to post it in a couple days.

BrianHass

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian Hassel
I've updated the Mill Creek Western Episode Guide in its original post. It's a lot of data to verify, so please post anycorrections that may help the community.

Jimmyr

Auditioning
Real Name
Jimmy
After looking at this set more carefully, I notice that although there are episodes offered by other PD companies, there are many offered only here. For many series, Millcreek has among this set and its 3 earlier ones by far the most episodes. If you took all the DVDs from all other PD companies for the series represented here, you would have fewer episodes. Plus you would pay a fortune more.

I hope they continue with these western sets. I have no idea how this last one is selling, but I would like to see them finish more series like they did with Stories of the Century. Perhaps they could finish Judge Roy Bean, Cowboy G-men, Northwest Passage, and the one remaining episode of Tate in the next set.

Note to Brian--You used to have a listing for certain series like Judge Roy Bean on the web that I had saved to my favorites and consulted at times. I can't access it anymore. Have you moved it? Thanks, Jimmy

Joe Ming

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
Has anyone seen Western TV Treasures in a brick and mortar chain store? Best Buy used to carry the 150 episode sets in stores for only $19.95, and Borders used to carry them at a higher price, but they were around $17-something when using their member coupons. But alas, neither chain is carrying them in store.

MattPeriolat

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matthew
Wal-Mart sometimes has them in their discount bin and you can find them at Sam's Club as well. Beyond that, hard to say.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Occaisionally Deep Discount will have these Sets featured in their Two-For-One sales. I've purchased several of their Movie and TV Box Sets in this manner!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks