What's new

TARGET Buy 2, Get 1 Free on Movies, Video Games, Board Games, Books -- June 11th - June 17th (2 Viewers)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
In the FWIW department, the past popular B2G1 Sale will return to Target and Target.com starting Sunday June 11 through end of day Saturday June 17. Target usually operates on a 3am ET/Midnight PT schedule though the sale doesn't always start exactly at 3:00:01 am ET and not all items will be available at the same time -- it always seems to take a bit of time for everything to go live

Movies, Video Games, Board Games, Books (not Music this Sale) - "Lowest-priced item will be free. Excludes pre-order, new release, clearance and select Nintendo titles. Quantities limited; no rain checks." Preorders and often new releases during the week are supposed to be excluded, but there are always some that will be allowed especially during the first 24 hrs before Target catches on. Target.com does tend to group items in groups of 3 from most expensive to least, so they do make it easy to group items of different price tiers and still get the best deal
without making multiple orders.

Since almost all Criterion and Allied Vaughn disc (Warner Archives, Sony/Universal MOD line) have been removed from Target's site for the past year or so, my interest
in the sale is limited. I thought most SHOUT discs were gone as well, but I can find some. Kino sometimes has some good deals, but often Kino's own sales and even the current BN 40% sale gets better prices. Target's hit or miss inventory of any of the boutique item has become frustrating to say the least.

Criterion BN Sale should start in a couple weeks so usually you get better deals on the recent releases via the 50% sales anyway.

Apparently the non-movie part of this SALE can still offer some nice deals, but none of those really are my wheelhouse so I'll leave it to others.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, slim pickings nowadays... and I've used the sale to build up my (very) small collection of board games and also for presents (instead) over the past year -- the better, more interesting board games (other than the mainstream classics) do often sell out (extremely) fast (or maybe get completely excluded), so generally need to prep ahead and jump in quickly on Sunday... and there's a long-running thread over in After Hours here that discusses that, if interested.

And don't forget there may be a customer-specific Target Circle bonus offer available as well that can be more easily reached w/ such a sale... although my current offer probably isn't reachable for me, especially given the dearth of still desired titles available (and I'm probably mostly done w/ their board games selection as well)... But if you can realistically get at least 1/2 way to your bonus offer w/ this sale, there's also a recurring Apple Gift Card deal ($100 Apple GC gets you $10 Target GC bonus) this coming week worth considering to help get you the rest of the way, which is what I sometimes do to meet the bonus offer requirement -- I usually go for their Apple GC deal anyway, so this is icing on the cake.

_Man_

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Am
In the FWIW department, the past popular B2G1 Sale will return to Target and Target.com starting Sunday June 11 through end of day Saturday June 17. Target usually operates on a 3am ET/Midnight PT schedule though the sale doesn't always start exactly at 3:00:01 am ET and not all items will be available at the same time -- it always seems to take a bit of time for everything to go live

Movies, Video Games, Board Games, Books (not Music this Sale) - "Lowest-priced item will be free. Excludes pre-order, new release, clearance and select Nintendo titles. Quantities limited; no rain checks." Preorders and often new releases during the week are supposed to be excluded, but there are always some that will be allowed especially during the first 24 hrs before Target catches on. Target.com does tend to group items in groups of 3 from most expensive to least, so they do make it easy to group items of different price tiers and still get the best deal
without making multiple orders.

Since almost all Criterion and Allied Vaughn disc (Warner Archives, Sony/Universal MOD line) have been removed from Target's site for the past year or so, my interest
in the sale is limited. I thought most SHOUT discs were gone as well, but I can find some. Kino sometimes has some good deals, but often Kino's own sales and even the current BN 40% sale gets better prices. Target's hit or miss inventory of any of the boutique item has become frustrating to say the least.

Criterion BN Sale should start in a couple weeks so usually you get better deals on the recent releases via the 50% sales anyway.

Apparently the non-movie part of this SALE can still offer some nice deals, but none of those really are my wheelhouse so I'll leave it to others.
Well, I cleaned up with pre-orders with at least 20 of such titles. Some of those pre-orders don't even have a release date yet, like the new Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Fast X and Transformer: Rise of the Beasts. I scored a bunch of Kino and Shout! Factory titles. A majority of titles were 4K/UHD. Whenever I participate in these Target's sales, I use my accumulated gift cards with each purchase to lower my overall cost down even further.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Wish I could say I found something, but my cart's mostly empty except 3rd tier want items that are barely good prices.

I did have some Kino Noir Sets in my wishlist, but those were either SOLD OUT before the sale or immediately after it started and no way to get 3 of a kind

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Did anyone else participate in this Target sale?
I did. It's the very first time I've taken advantage of Target's B2G1 sale because there were actually 3 items I was looking for, Bonanza Seasons 12, 13, and 14. So I ended up paying $24 bucks each. A great price considering the generally over-priced Amazon is asking $36 each.

No more Birdcage On My Foot DVD "Habit" where I buy stuff I don't really need to get a sale price. ^_^

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yep... So far I've picked up:

Media:
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet - Season 11
The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet - Season 12
The Big Valley - Season 2

Board Games:
Star Wars: Outer Rim
Sushi Go! Party
Marvel Infinity Gauntlet (A Marvel themed version of Love Letter)
Dice Forge: Rebellion expansion
7 Wonders Duel: Pantheon expansion
Catan: Explorers and Pirates 5-6 Player extension
Catan: Seafarers 5-6 Player extension
Agricola: Consul Dirigens deck expansion
Azul: Glazed Pavilion expansion
Carcassonne: Abby & Mayor expansion

Would be more media were most things I want currently OOS. Games got a huge nod due to Asmodee titles actually being included this time out (they've been excluded the past couple of years). That's causing me to consider several more.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Is there any way to filter the sale items to get just the movies? Clicking the sale option on the home page brings up over 419,000 items and I don't see any "movies" option offered to whittle it down.

1686594752269.png

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Glad to see I'm not the only one who bought Ozzie and Harriet's recently released two seasons and Bonanza 12-14.

Had to finish up the order with the Jackie Gleason 70th set I didn't already have, even though it cost a little less than I hoped.

Might go back for the three John Ridley Black Panther TPBs here soon. And if I can find something $50 to pair with Superstore complete and Hartnell's Doctor Who on Blu, might do that, too.

The only bummer so far is that Ozzie and Harriet 13 and 14 aren't marked as pre-orders, they're marked as "Sold Out", which means they're not available to order. If they had been, I'd have gotten those in as well to complete yet another classic series.

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose
Glad to see I'm not the only one who bought Ozzie and Harriet's recently released two seasons and Bonanza 12-14.
Forgot to say thank you! I saw your post in the What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? thread. Wouldn't have known about it, and probably would have purchased from DeepDiscount and/or blowitoutahere on eBay.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Forgot to say thank you! I saw your post in the What's the last TV DVD/Blu-ray you bought? thread. Wouldn't have known about it, and probably would have purchased from DeepDiscount and/or blowitoutahere on eBay.
To go to both David and Neal's posts above me, that's why I always keep up on Target's sales and post over in the TV section when they pop up. Some people just don't know about them, and some get to take advantage of the pre-orders while they're active, before the inevitable cull. And we all get cheap discs.

Desslar

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
Somewhat slim pickings, but might get a few things. Usually I just shop from Amazon when Target has a sale because Amazon matches everything, but this time it looks like they didn't really bother except for a few titles. Odd.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It appears Target had deleted a lot of the Preorders that were eligible earlier. Pretty much as usual that it takes 24-36 hrs so nice bonus for those that shopped early
Yeah, I was shopping at around 3:15 a.m. ET on Sunday morning. 21 of my 35 titles were Preorders. I used my accumulated Target gift cards to lower my cost per title including the free title.

1st Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$18.49
The Last Starfighter (4K/UHD)
The People Under the Stairs (4K/UHD)
Rain Man (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

2nd Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$16.46
Cliffhanger (4K/UHD)
Brotherhood of the Wolf (4K/UHD)
The Haunting (4K/UHD)

3rd Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$18.49
Hugo (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
World War Z (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Blackhat (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

4th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$17.60
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Avatar: Way of the Water (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

5th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$17.82
Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania (4K/UHD)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (4K/UHD)
Shazam! Fury of the Gods (4K/UHD)

6th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$12.10
2 Guns (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Cinderella (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Jaws 2 (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

7th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$13.78
National Lampoon's Vacation (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
To Live and Die in L.A. (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

8th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$16.31
Audie Murphy Collection II (Pre-Order)
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Fast X (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

9th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$6.73
Force of Evil (Pre-Order)
Human Desire (Pre-Order)
Nevada Smith (Pre-Order)

10th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$15.47
Creed III (4K/UHD)
Film Noir: Dark Side of Cinema XV (Pre-Order)
Maigret: Season 4

11th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$7.49
Ghostbusters: Afterlife (4K/UHD)
The Firm (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
The Fablemans (4K/UHD)

12th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$5.84
Tomahawk
Double Crossbones
Lady in a Jam

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Is there any way to filter the sale items to get just the movies? Clicking the sale option on the home page brings up over 419,000 items and I don't see any "movies" option offered to whittle it down.

View attachment 187281
Try this (which *should* have the "Show OOS" titles enabled so you can set "restock alerts" for any you want):

It's still a bunch - 50 pages listed so if the number exceeds that 50 page max then you'll have to do 2 different sorts to *hopefully* get them all... do one from lowest to highest and then do one from highest to lowest. With luck the highest in the first list will be higher prices than the lowest in the 2nd and you'll be able to look at everything.

You can also filter by type (BR/DVD) to narrow things down.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
There's also a Circle (one-time) buy $100.00 get $15 off as well as a buy four orders of $70 or more and get $15 credit ...

Some pre-orders appeared to have come back.- though not John Wick 4 or Avatar (Original Recipe or Extra Crispy Long) ... :(

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Yeah, I was shopping at around 3:15 a.m. ET on Sunday morning. 21 of my 35 titles were Preorders. I used my accumulated Target gift cards to lower my cost per title including the free title.

1st Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$18.49
The Last Starfighter (4K/UHD)
The People Under the Stairs (4K/UHD)
Rain Man (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

2nd Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$16.46
Cliffhanger (4K/UHD)
Brotherhood of the Wolf (4K/UHD)
The Haunting (4K/UHD)

3rd Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$18.49
Hugo (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
World War Z (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Blackhat (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

4th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$17.60
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Avatar: Way of the Water (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

5th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$17.82
Ant-Man & the Wasp: Quantumania (4K/UHD)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (4K/UHD)
Shazam! Fury of the Gods (4K/UHD)

6th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$12.10
2 Guns (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Cinderella (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Jaws 2 (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

7th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$13.78
National Lampoon's Vacation (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Ferris Bueller's Day Off (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
To Live and Die in L.A. (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

8th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$16.31
Audie Murphy Collection II (Pre-Order)
Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
Fast X (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)

9th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$6.73
Force of Evil (Pre-Order)
Human Desire (Pre-Order)
Nevada Smith (Pre-Order)

10th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$15.47
Creed III (4K/UHD)
Film Noir: Dark Side of Cinema XV (Pre-Order)
Maigret: Season 4

11th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$7.49
Ghostbusters: Afterlife (4K/UHD)
The Firm (4K/UHD) (Pre-Order)
The Fablemans (4K/UHD)

12th Order Avg. Cost after taxes=$5.84
Tomahawk
Double Crossbones
Lady in a Jam

Wow! Very nice! You made out like a bandit, especially on a few of the orders w/ sub-$10 avg cost (and a couple of 4K orders at $12-14 avg)... or was there a typo somewhere (dropping a "1" in front in the case of that 11th order of 4K titles perhaps)? :P

I didn't think I'd end up ordering much, if anything, myself, but turns out I found a bit more than enough (mostly Kino/Cohen/Shout BDs) to even make my Target Circle Bonus offer (and w/out buying any games this time), which required 3x $120 orders... though aided a whole lot by Apple GC purchases (of $100 + $50) plus the requirement being met *before* accounting for deals (like this B2G1)... :P

_Man_

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
There's also a Circle (one-time) buy $100.00 get $15 off as well as a buy four orders of $70 or more and get $15 credit ...

Not sure what you mean. I don't see that for my account. I only have a Circle Bonus offer of 3x $120 orders for $30 bonus credit, which I unexpectedly found just enough to use this time around (partly w/ the help of some Apple GCs I could certainly use) -- hope they'll make my bonus offer requirement easier to achieve in the future... :P

_Man_

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Not sure what you mean. I don't see that for my account. I only have a Circle Bonus offer of 3x $120 orders for $30 bonus credit, which I unexpectedly found just enough to use this time around (partly w/ the help of some Apple GCs I could certainly use) -- hope they'll make my bonus offer requirement easier to achieve in the future... :P

_Man_
I think the offer varies by account and spending habits

nothing like the holidays nun GIF
.:D!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Wow! Very nice! You made out like a bandit, especially on a few of the orders w/ sub-$10 avg cost (and a couple of 4K orders at $12-14 avg)... or was there a typo somewhere (dropping a "1" in front in the case of that 11th order of 4K titles perhaps)? :P
Nope, that's what I paid because I used accumulated Target GCs on each order with some orders having more GC applied to it than other orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks