What's new

TARGET -- Buy 2 Get 1 Free Movies, Books, Music 10/11 through 10/17/2020 (other sale notes) (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Another B2G1 sale starting Sunday sometime around/after 3am ET.
Target sales tend to operate on Pacific Time, but aren't known for being punctual
These sales tend to be In-store and Online, but don't include all items

The fine print as usual states Excludes New Items and Preorders, but that has been spotty at best and many in that category are often allowed.

Many Criterion are often price $23-27 so the deals can rival or beat Flash Sales and BN 50% sales.

Arrow Films can often be had for 50 or even 60% off regular price

Most Warner Archives titles that are in stock can be had for similar prices to 4/44 sales esp if you have a RedCard. The problem for many esp older WAC
is they're not in stock. Some of the Multidisc sets can often be pretty good deals.

It's been one of the better places to get decent prices on Universal and Sony Pressed MOD blurays which never seem to have sales. Again finding them in stock
can be frustrating.

NOTES on other current or expected upcoming sales
Criterion.com Flash Sale
EXPECTED most likely either 10/13 or 10/20.
B&N Criterion Sale -- nothing announced yet, but often will start around Nov 1
Scream Factory has started their Shocktober and early information notes better than expected prices

Arrow UK -- Shocktober Sale expected to start October 12 usually around mid-day BST so 7-10am ET

Amazon Prime Annual Disappointment Sale coming soon unless you need Amazon branded items. I suspect I get my usual Gift Card with extra promo cash and be done.
Best Buy Early Black Friday counterprogramming -- not holding my breath based on past performance
Haven't heard if Walmart is playing this year

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Only 18 for me -- 12 WAC titles, a couple Shout Select, 3 Kino. Hopefully will finally get my Road to Wellville title that got messed up in June.

Just got emails of 17 shipping in 3 packages which shocked me a bit with so many of the WA titles that often seem to not be at their warehouse. Only non shipment was the 10/13 release of Drop Dead Gorgeous.

I keep hoping some of the other WAC will come into stock -- Romance on the High Seas, Pat and Mike, Without Love, Sgr York especially

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Only 18 for me -- 12 WAC titles, a couple Shout Select, 3 Kino. Hopefully will finally get my Road to Wellville title that got messed up in June.

Just got emails of 17 shipping in 3 packages which shocked me a bit with so many of the WA titles that often seem to not be at their warehouse. Only non shipment was the 10/13 release of Drop Dead Gorgeous.

I keep hoping some of the other WAC will come into stock -- Romance on the High Seas, Pat and Mike, Without Love, Sgr York especially
I checked into the sale late on Monday ... it appears as some of the older Warner Archives titles are showing as "Newest" titles, but not any you mentioned ...

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I have many of the items saved from earlier. Sometimes you can still find them using Google at least until they are removed completely.

I haven't seen Sgt York posted at all. I have Pat and Mike saved with Flying Leathernecks, Without Love either never was posted or I missed saving the item in my Wishlist. Unlikely based on past sales, but occasionally things pop into stock without notice, If one comes back i can go back and search again for the others -- usually by UPC works better than by title or Studio

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess I need to widen my search, because I looked at only UHD discs and most of their prices are so outrageous that 1/3 off is still more than you can get them for elsewhere. Unless you want Disney titles, which are very slim pickings this time, UHD doesn't seem to be much of a deal.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Target sale is active and I loaded up with 39 titles.

You make me feel better about how much I ordered.

The last three MST3K sets I hadn't bought yet, finished up Veep on Blu, Wonder Woman on Blu, a couple more complete series sets to fill out a similarly priced order, South Park 23 on Blu...

The first of the packages actually arrived today. Pretty in Pink and Veronica Mars S4. That was quick for something ordered Sunday morning.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I took at look at their web site, but it seems nearly impossible to filter in any meaningful way and I don't feel like browsing 1000+ titles. Unless you know exactly the titles you want, it seems pointless.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Target sale is active and I loaded up with 39 titles.
O, these sales; as they are so tortuously tempting to me throughout this furloughed pandemic.

But not this time around. No sir-eee. This time around, my monthly movie allowance is solely earmarked for the ClassicFlix fund-raiser to restore The Little Rascals shorts; as their drive concludes on October 29th.

On any other month, I can always purchase a film on sale; but how many opportunities will there be in life to actually save a film?

Target, Criterion, Best Buy?
I’ll see you all again, sometime in November.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I took at look at their web site, but it seems nearly impossible to filter in any meaningful way and I don't feel like browsing 1000+ titles. Unless you know exactly the titles you want, it seems pointless.
TBH, before Sunday, I mapped out a sale purchasing plan. I formulated a listing of titles I wanted including titles currently in-stock and 2020 pre-orders that were listed on their site. I then group the titles by their listed pricing. For example all titles priced at $17.99 were grouped together, the same with $16.59 titles and so forth with other pricing like the Criterion and more expensive box sets or individual releases like Tremors (4K/UHD). I tried to group most of the pre-orders together by price, but had a few that I used to fill out an order that had 2 in-stock titles, but with all three titles similarly priced

Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Using the search option in Target website you can look for "Criterion Blu-Rays" or "KINO Blu-rays" Typically the 1st 3 pages will actually be what you requested -- so long as you sort by "relevance". For Arrow you have to use "Arrow Video"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks