What's new

Maggie update (2 Viewers)

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
I hear you Z!! The Ascents have better low and mid bass....something I have always felt was missing with my maggies. But the maggies have a much fuller and richer sound from that point up. Even with the ML Depth, the maggies are bottom end shy in my room. The top end of the ML isn't even in the same class as the true ribbon maggies!! Trade offs!!

I'm thinking two Vandy 2WQ subs crossed over at about 80hz. would be a great match with the maggies. The maggies will be with me long after the ML's are gone!!

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Dual Vandersteen subs was my first exposure to a REAL bottom end...I still remember hearing it for the first time at the little audio shop back in Upstate NY. I think they'd be a fantastic addition to the Maggies!

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Just wanted to tell all my maggie mates that my Pioneer Elite VSX-54TX is for sale over in the Hardware for Sale section. I'm moving up to a VSX-94TXH.

Z,

My maggies will be repaired and be my speakers for life. No way are the Ascents as good!!

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Seems like this little thread of ours is dwindling....so I thought I'd spice it up by saying that I may have Maggie back for a fling in the next month or so :D

DanielM

Stunt Coordinator
Alan Pummill said:
What flavor??
ML Vantage
I listened to the 3.6 with Pass Amp and other stupid expensive gear and while they were nice,they were not "it" the mids were a tad veiled kind of lacking resolution, not what I would expect for $5K

Dean_M

Second Unit
Anyone home? Happy turkey day to all you Alans.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Still loving my maggies. I'm getting ready to move my ML Ascents up to the HT. I will need to buy a matching center some day.

Happy Holidays to all my maggie mates!!

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Well...I know I'm pretty much talking to myself in here...but I figured I'd go ahead and post this anyway...
I have officially returned to the Magnepan family! Maggie and I have spent a lot of time and had many heart to mylar conversations over the past few weeks, and I'm happy to say that we've reconciled! I've decided to part with my beloved DeVore Monkeys, and they are on their way to a great home in TN. They'll be loved and cared for by a physician, who already owns a pair of DeVore Nines, so I can feel good about that.
Maggie v.3.6 will be arriving in town within the next 8-10 business days, and I can't wait to have her with me again :D

AlanZ

Screenwriter
Real Name
AJ
Thanks, P! It feels great to be getting back into some Maggies. I plan to separate my systems and have Maggies in one, and some DeVore monkeys in the other. These are far and away my two favorite speaker companies and I really can't see myself ever needing anything else. On top of that, they're both HQ'd in the good ol' USA, so I can feel good about supporting American made products, which is important to me.
I don't remember if I mentioned it, but I've had a Butler Audio amp for the past few years and love it. I know that Mr. Butler is a big Maggie fan, and he says the combination is great. (He's paired his amps with Maggies at some of the audio shows, apparently.) I know the 3.6s like some juice, so I'll probably grab the more powerful 2250 in the next few weeks.
The magic is back, baby!! :D

Dean_M

Second Unit
Congrats on the new speakers, Z. I'm thinking of picking up another pair myself to make a 4.2 setup for HT and MC music.

Howdy 6! All the best to you all for the new year!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks