What's new

Got my new Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2 and C6.2 (1 Viewer)

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
I wrote this in a post for another Forum but thought I'd share it here as well. Kind of what I said before, but I reconfirmed by back to back listening.

...These B6.2s/C6.2s are really a bargain and sound great. Didn't realize just what I was missing. Put my Polk TSI100 next to the Elacs and swapped back and forth with banana plugs. Elacs have an even wider soundstage than the TSI100s which was good. Elacs have more clearly focused imaging and a wider sweet spot before imaging breaks up. I thought the Polk TSI100s did good on imaging but not nearly as good as the Elacs. Tonality is so much more neutral and real sounding on the Elacs obviously. More bass and lower bass with the Elacs. Also loud output compression seems absent from the Elacs while the Polk TSI100 do compress at moderately loud levels with shoutiness.

I still feel the Polk TSI100s are a very good speaker but no where near as good what the Elacs are. Then again, I paid $90 less for the Polk TSI100s than the B6.2s and $130 less for the Polk CS10 Center channel speaker than the Elac C6.2....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks