What's new

Lost DVD news! (1 Viewer)

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Good to hear. Not sure if I'll buy the DVDs or not (I like the show, but am not addicted to it), but it's good to know the DVDs will have some good extras on it, too.

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Is this thing going up in price? Best Buy upped their price to 69.99 for some reason. Everyone else is showing the normal price.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
69.99? damn

coconuts has it listed, along with DH, for 39.99 - 10 mail in for a final price of 29.99

Pavan_P

Second Unit
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

THE SEASON’S MUST-OWN TV SERIES
AVAILABLE ON DVD SEPTEMBER 6
LOST
THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON

Bursting With Over Eight Hours of Exclusive Bonus Features,
Including Unaired LOST Flashbacks and Much More
Nominated for Twelve 2005 Emmy® Awards Including Best Drama Series
From The Creator of ‘Alias’

BURBANK, Calif., August 16, 2005 – Touchstone Television’s runaway hit LOST crashes onto DVD with a
superb seven-disc DVD box set that includes all 24 episodes from the stellar first season. Broadcast on ABC and
one of the hottest shows on television, LOST is the newest action-packed mystery-thriller from J.J. Abrams, creator
of “Alias.” LOST has earned twelve 2005 Emmy® nominations including Best Drama Series and Best Supporting
Actor (Naveen Andrews and Terry O’Quinn). Join an outstanding ensemble cast as they fight for survival on an
island laden with secrets and suspense in LOST: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON, from Touchstone
Television and Buena Vista Home Entertainment.

Bursting with over eight hours of exclusive bonus features, LOST: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON features
unaired Lost flashbacks; “Welcome to Oahu: The Making of the Pilot;” “The Genesis of Lost;” “Designing A
Disaster;” commentaries with cast and creators; “Before They Were Lost” original casting tapes; deleted scenes;
bloopers from the set; “Lost: On Location;” “On Set With Jimmy Kimmel”… and many more island secrets.
Available on a 7-disc DVD box set for $59.99 (S.R.P.).

The September 6 release date is timed to give new and existing fans an opportunity to catch up on all 24 episodes
(plus the eight hours of exclusive bonus programming), before the second season premieres on September 21, 9:00
pm, Wednesdays on the ABC Television Network.

LOST: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON is presented with theatrical style specifications – widescreen with a
Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Soundtrack - for an optimal viewing experience.

LOST
Bonus Materials

• LOST FLASHBACKS (All New, Unaired Flashbacks)
• WELCOME TO OAHU: THE MAKING OF THE PILOT
• THE GENESIS OF LOST
• DESIGNING A DISASTER
• AUDIO COMMENTARIES WITH CAST AND CREATORS
• BEFORE THEY WERE LOST (Audition Tapes)
• DELETED SCENES
• BLOOPERS FROM THE SET
• LOST: ON LOCATION
• ON SET WITH JIMMY KIMMEL
• THE ART OF MATTHEW FOX
• LOST AT COMICCON
• LIVE FROM THE MUSEUM OF TELEVISION AND RADIO
• BACKSTAGE WITH DRIVESHAFT

LOST is the thrilling adventure of 48 survivors of a plane crash, all stranded on an island that holds many secrets.
Matthew Fox (“Party of Five”) stars as Jack, the quick-thinking doctor and group leader.

Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic.
Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had — like Kate (Evangeline
Lilly), who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. Hurley (Jorge Garcia,
TV’s “Becker”) — a man with a warm sense of humor despite the desperate situation — does his best to keep his
cool as he helps those around him to survive. Charlie (Dominic Monaghan, “The Lord of the Rings” Trilogy) is a
faded rock star who harbors a painful secret. Sayid (Naveen Andrews, “Bride and Prejudice”) is a Middle Eastern
man who must wrestle with the racial profiling directed at him by some of his fellow survivors.

Jin (Daniel Dae Kim, TV’s “24”) and Sun (Yunjin Kim, “Shiri”) are a Korean couple whose traditions, values and
language are foreign, causing much to get lost in the translation. Sawyer (Josh Holloway, TV’s “Sabretooth”) has
an air of danger surrounding him, and his intense sense of mistrust for everyone around him could prove to be fatal
to his fellow castaways. Michael (Harold Perrineau, TV’s “Oz”) has just gained custody of his nine-year-old son,
Walt (Malcolm David Kelley, “Antwone Fisher”), after the death of his ex-wife — they are a father and son who
don't even know each other. Locke (Terry O'Quinn, TV’s “The West Wing”) is a mysterious man who keeps to
himself, and who harbors a deeper connection to the island than any of the others. Claire (Emile de Ravin, TV’s
“The Beastmaster”) is pregnant. Self-centered Shannon (Maggie Grace, TV’s “Cold Case”) and her estranged
controlling brother, Boone (Ian Somerhalder, TV’s “Young Americans”), constantly bicker and must learn to get
along if they are to survive.

The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if
they want to stay alive. But the island holds many secrets, including the intense howls of the mysterious creatures
stalking the jungle, which fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack
and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn.

J.J. Abrams (creator of “Alias”) and Damon Lindelof, who co-created LOST, serve as executive producers along
with Bryan Burk, Carlton Cuse and Jack Bender. LOST, which is filmed entirely on location in Hawaii, is from
Touchstone Television.

STREET DATE: SEPTEMBER 6, 2005
Suggested retail price: $59.99 (seven-disc DVD box set).
Rated: TV-14
Bonus materials not rated, nor close captioned.
Feature run time: Approximately 1,069 minutes
DVD aspect ratio: 1.78:1 enhanced for 16x9 TV screens
Sound: Dolby® Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
Dolby® Digital 2.0 Surround Sound
Language: English audio

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Maybe I've just missed it (or maybe no one's mentioned it in press releases or reviews) but I don't think The Journey (the clip show) is included on the set. It's not that big of a deal since it's just a clip show but I'm sure there will be people who won't buy the set because of that. :)

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator
Who the hell would want that clip show? It was one of the most boring hours of television I've ever seen, and completely pointless. I'm happy that they're not wasting space on the discs on that :emoji_thumbsup:

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I'm very excited about this set. I missed the show when it first aired. Then I missed it again when they reshowed everything last fall. I finally got in on the summer re-runs, but it's bugging me that they've been skipping episodes lately. I'm thinking I'll just cancel my season pass at this point and wait for the DVDs to finish watching the first season.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
stupid exclusive discs. i _really_ hate that crap. a lot. *sigh*

especially when there aren't any best buys nearby for those few items that have a worthwhile extra bonus disc to make you spend your extra money at that particular shop to get the item. if the material is there, it should be made available to everyone.

but that's just my rant for the week.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I agree that that bites for the people who don't have a Best Buy near them but fortunately you're not missing much. I love Lost but The Journey is just like all the "Previously On Lost"s put together into an episode.

That being said, I'm going to camp out to make sure that I don't miss the bonus disc:)

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Oh, I can not wait for this set! It looks wonderful! Hope that your stores actually gets the bonus disc on time! I remember spending 4 or 5 bucks more on the Friday the 13th set, only for them not to get more than 3 in stock, selling out in a matter of minutes, and not even containing the bonus disc.

Ryan

Natalie F

Stunt Coordinator

Hehe. Well it's a good thing I don't want it since the closest Best Buy is a several hour plane ride away :p)

Ryan_Guah

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I pre-ordered Lost on DVD from Best Buy last week... but I should still be sent this bonus disc, right?

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Will this Lost Best Buy Exclusive Disc be available in Best buy stores on Sept 6th? Or is this a preorder on the net deal? Just wondering because it says Offer is good through 9/10/05. Lost (Season 1) releases 9/6/05.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
There's never been a Best Buy bonus disc that has been an exclusive to their website so I'd say it'll be available in stores too (especially since this will probably be one of the biggest TV releases of the year).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks