What's new

Lost DVD news! (1 Viewer)

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
The bonus disc was shrink-wrapped to the back of the box on the copy I bought at Best Buy today. There was also a four-page insert in the box, along with some loose ads for DVD related stuff.

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
future shop here in canada. had to inquire about the bonus disc. did get it though. 4 page insert (episode guide by the looks of it), ad for other 'wonderful' buena vista tv shows, and an ad for 'lost' merchandise from the official site.

bonus disc content appears (at a glance) to be identical to the best buy one.

EricW

Senior HTF Member
i got an insert too (basic episode guide/decriptions). maybe it's canada only?!?!? :)

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmmm... That's interesting about the insert. I was guessing it had to do with the bonus disc, but that is not the case. What got me wondering about it, other than the pocket for it, was that the pics posted earlier show a booklet insert.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Got mine today from Best Buy and all three top hubs were broken with the discs sliding freely. :angry:

Watching the first disc now and so far no problems, but I'll definitely exchange it tomorrow.

The content though is top notch and it is fun watching from the beginning again. :)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
I think Fry's won the low price award with $32.99 today only. No shirt but for $20 I can buy a couple

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

I do and I did, it didn't make a sound. There weren't even the broken off pieces of the hub inside so it must have happened before it got shrink wrapped. Eitherway, it is a poor design in more ways than one. They should just go with the two disc/slim case design like MacGyver S3 just came in. 6 discs to Lost's 7, and it is 3/4 the thickness.

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Jason...I am sorry to hear about your experience.

The hubs are the "half moon" design and aren't a full circle to begin with...

...I am not a big fan of that particular case design...

...even if your discs are in good shape (like mine, luckily), it is a pain in the butt to take them out...

...plus, if you want to just watch Disc 2 for example, you have to physically remove disc 1 to get it out...

INSERTS...

My set came with a booklet inside the flap on the set. It contains synosises of each episode and a list of the bonuse features.

There were also a couple of ads in there...

I live in Nebraska, so it isn't a Canada thing...

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
OK, the insert thing is officially weird. I went to another Best Buy than I purchased it at to exchange mine to get one with an insert.

The Customer Service employee opened three copies (1 with the Bonus Disc, 2 without), none of which came with the booklet. I sent an e-mail to Buena Vista Home Video, but for some reason I don't expect to hear anything. I am kinda disappointed in this, since everything else about this DVD is first rate.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member

Oh I know that. Mine all came "quarter moon". ;)

And if anyone is counting, I didn't get an insert either, but I'm exchanging so we'll see what comes in pack #2.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I picked up my set yesterday...got the bonus disc, came with insert, no cracks on the disk holders.... BUT... disc one is scratched to hell! Should I contact Disney for a replacement or should I return it?

Jonny P

Supporting Actor
Since I am a Reward Zone member, I tend to get all of my discs at Best Buy.

They are always good about returning stuff.

I'd return it rather than contacting Disney.

When I purchased the set, I fully expected to have scratches, but was lucky. In my mind, your best bet is to return the set.

However...if enough people were to contact Disney perhaps they'd consider different packaging in the future.

The insert thing is weird. I wonder what the scoop is with that...

Josh_HI

Second Unit
Yesterday in late afternoon I went to my Best Buy to buy Lost & Fraggle Rock Seasons 1.THEY HAD ABOUT 1 MILLION COPIES OF LOST! In the paper it said they would only have 28 but they had MUCH more than that! which was nice because some copies were REALLY beat up so I got to go through tons and pick the best one. But there was something sneaky that you wouldn't notice unless you looked carefully. Some boxes had a green sticker advertising the bonus features and I noticed the copy I had didn't have that sticker. Instead it had another sticker saying Best Buy bonus inside. I turned my copy around and it had the extra disc on the back of the box! I looked at the copies with the green sticker and they did NOT have any bonus disc on the back. I started looking around and noticed a lot more green stickers than best buy stickers. So NOW I'm thinking maybe they only got 28 with the best buy exclusive disc? Either way if you want to get that disc be sure to go soon or you'll miss out. I'm not gunna watch mine until the end. BTW the $10 off coupon for Desperate Housewives Season 1 is ONLY on the copies with the bonus disc. It is apart of the little box that the bonus disc is in and you fold it and rip it off. Another reason why I was happy I got that copy. I plan on buying that too. The package on LOST is SOOOOO beautiful. It is clear, shiny, BIG, and bold. Nothing else like it. If you've bought Alias S3 the outer box is kinda like that. It is a REALLy beautiful box set. I feel fortunate to get it for only $35 when by next week it will be at $50. It is definitly worth the $50! BTW mine did come with the insert. Now that I here others copies didn't I am glad I got one.

Michael T

Grip
I've visited this forum countless times, but this is my first time posting. Great job to everyone here who has shared their knowledge and passion for home theater!

I have to agree the packaging is great. I got the one with the bonus disc, but my packaging was kind of damaged. Looks like the edges were scratched when they put the plastic sleeve on it so I think I'll be exchanging it tomorrow.

I got a chance to watch the first two episodes and they were excellent. Picture quality was real good and the sound was great. Of course if you saw it in HD you already know how it sounds. A very atmospheric score with great sound effects. It's one of the best shows on TV (and now DVD) to come out in a long time.

This set is well worth the $35 I paid.

Tom Brennan

Screenwriter
Real Name
(see above)
I was thinking... is it possible to purchase those double half moon trays separately? It would be nice to replace the single tray bonus disc slot with a double tray, so you can include the Best Buy disc in the actual set...

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
If you did that, though (assuming it's possible), the plastic would be thicker than the cases. The double trays are a good bit thicker than a regular tray.

Rob T

Screenwriter

I was wondering what that was about when I saw it on the receipt, but nowhere else.
I don't think the bonus discs were even available at the best buys up here though. I definitely didn't see any green sticker.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks