What's new

From Hollywood to Heaven: The Lost and Saved Films of the Ormond Family (1956-1984) from Indicator/Powerhouse (1 Viewer)

moviefanatic1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Even
I‘m looking forward to this Blu-ray set:
From Hollywood to Heaven: The Lost and Saved Films of the Ormond Family (1956-1984)

BE965C67-3ABA-4865-A2AE-D5C89E47A24B.jpeg

I‘m a collection of Country music & related movies. The Ormond family was Nashville based and country music personalities were in several of their movies.

I own a bootleg DVD of ‘’The Girl from Tobacco Row’’ (1966) starring Tex Ritter and featuring many other country music performers.

‘’Forty Acre Feud’’ (1965) is another one I really want. It‘s a country music movie starring Ferlin Husky.

What worries me is this from the description:
‘’
  • NEWLY REMASTERED PRESENTATIONS of Untamed Mistress, Please Don't Touch Me, White Lightnin' Road, The Girl from Tobacco Row, Forty Acre Feud, and The Exotic Ones from rare surviving Standard Definition master tapes
  • Standard Definition presentations of The Grim Reaper and The Sacred Symbol, mastered from best-available sources’’
Standard def. master tapes sounds like bad news to me.

As a country music movie collector I’ll order it regardless.

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I'm buying it too! But I wish they'd included one of Ormond's Lash LaRue pictures (KING OF THE BULLWHIP, 1950)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks