What's new

Directors LEAD Characters - The Movie Characters Tournament (1 Viewer)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Neal Page (Planes, Trains & Automobiles) Steve Martin
Nick Charles (Thin Man, The) William Powell
Norma Desmond (Sunset Blvd.) Gloria Swanson
Peter Venkman (Ghostbusters) Bill Murray
Philip Marlowe (Big Sleep, The) Humphrey Bogart

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Neil Macaulay (Heat) Robert De Niro
abstain
abstain
Peter Gibbons (Office Space) Ron Livingston
abstain

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
===
===
===

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
Nikita (La Femme Nikita) Anne Parillaud
Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) Christian Bale
Peter Vincent (Fright Night series) Roddy McDowell

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Neil Macaulay (Heat) Robert De Niro
- tough
abstain
Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) Christian Bale
- Reminds me of a friend a friend I have.
- Going with the older character
abstain

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Gee, did I say Sunday? It was a typo.

This will run until tomorrow night.

Neal Page(Planes, Trains & Automobiles)Steve Martin wins 9-3 (SHOCK! With all the Heat fans around??)
Nick Charles(Thin Man, The)William Powell wins 5-1
Patrick Bateman(American Psycho)Christian Bale wins 6-3
Peter Venkman(Ghostbusters)Bill Murray wins 7-6 (my tie-breaker, this was TOUGH!)
Philip Marlowe(Big Sleep, The)Humphrey Bogart wins 6-3

=========

Pinhead aka Captain Elliot Spencer(Hellraiser)Doug Bradley
"Your suffering will be legendary, even in hell!"

or

Popeye Doyle(French Connection, The)Gene Hackman
"All right! You put a shiv in my partner. You know what that means? Goddammit! All winter long I got to listen to him gripe about his bowling scores. Now I'm gonna bust your ass for those three bags and I'm gonna nail you for picking your feet in Poughkeepsie."

===

Quint(Jaws)Robert Shaw
"Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian t'Leyte, we'd just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water. Vessel went down in twelve minutes. Didn't see the first shark for about a half hour. Tiger. Thirteen footer. You know how you know that in the water, Chief? You can tell by lookin' from the dorsal to the tail. What we didn't know, was that our bomb mission was so secret, no distress signal had been sent. They didn't even list us overdue for a week. Very first light, Chief, sharks come cruisin', so we formed ourselves into tight groups. It was sorta like you see in the calendars, you know the squares in the old calendars like the Battle o' Waterloo and the idea was the shark come to the nearest man, that man he starts poundin' and hollerin' and sometimes that shark he go away... but sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark looks right at ya. Right into your eyes. And the thing about a shark is he's got lifeless eyes. Black eyes. Like a doll's eyes. When he comes at ya, he doesn't even seem to be livin'... 'til he bites ya, and those black eyes roll over white and then... ah then you hear that terrible high-pitched screamin'. The ocean turns red, and despite all your poundin' and your hollerin' those sharks come in and... they rip you to pieces. You know by the end of that first dawn, lost a hundred men. I don't know how many sharks, maybe a thousand. I do know how many men, they averaged six an hour. Thursday mornin', Chief, I bumped into a friend of mine, Herbie Robinson from Cleveland. Baseball player. Boson's mate. I thought he was asleep, Reached over to wake him up. He bobbed up, down in the water, he was like a kinda top. Upended. Well, he'd been bitten in half below the waist. Noon the fifth day a Lockheed Ventura swung in low and he spotted us, a young pilot, lot younger than Mr. Hooper here, anyway he spotted us and a few hours later a big ol' fat PBY come down and start to pick us up. You know that was the time I was most frightened? Waitin' for my turn. I'll never put on a lifejacket again. So, eleven hundred men went into the water. Three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the twenty-ninth, nineteen-forty five. Anyway, we delivered the bomb."

or

R.P. McMurphy(One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest)Jack Nicholson
"What do you think you are, for Chrissake, crazy or somethin'? Well you're not! You're not! You're no crazier than the average asshole out walkin' around on the streets and that's it."

===

Ralphie Parker(Christmas Story, A, It Runs In The Family)Peter Billingsly, Kieran Culkin
"No! No! I want an Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!"

or

Red(Shawshank Redemption, The)Morgan Freeman
"There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then then, a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that. Rehabilitated? It's just a bullshit word. So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time. Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a shit."

===

Richard Kimble(Fugitive, The)Harrison Ford
"Are you suggesting that I killed my wife? Are you saying that I crushed her skull and that I shot her? How dare you! When I came home, there was a man in my house. I fought with this man. He had a mechanical arm. You find this man! You find this man!"

or

Rick Blaine(Casablanca)Humphrey Bogart
"Where I'm going, you can't follow. What I've got to do, you can't be any part of. Ilsa, I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that. Now, now... Here's looking at you kid."

===

Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn(Major League series)Charlie Sheen
"It's my eliminator. I've got another pitch. You get a piece of it, I'll let you name it."

or

Robin Hood(Robin Hood films)various
"Nobility is not a birthright. It is defined by one's actions."

ChuckDeLa

Senior HTF Member
Pinhead aka Captain Elliot Spencer - he's kinda funny

R.P. McMurphy - one of my favorites

abstain (no Shawshank)

abstain (no Fugitive)

abstain (no Major League)

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Quint (Jaws) Robert Shaw
Red (Shawshank Redemption, The) Morgan Freeman
Rick Blaine (Casablanca) Humphrey Bogart
Robin Hood (Robin Hood films) various

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks