What's new

Is this the same Samsung 4K 65-inch TV? (1 Viewer)

kat.hayes

Auditioning
Real Name
Kat Hayes
Costco sells a KS800D (though it does not seem to be on the website today?) and there are other vendors selling a
UN65KS8000 65" Class 4K SUHD. Anyone know if this is the same thing?

Thanks.

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
It's hard to be 100% certain. Large discount retailers (like Costco, Sam's Club, etc.) often get products that have a slightly different model number than the brick and mortar counterparts. it's likely there are several reasons for this, but the most commonly quoted reason is that the different model numbers provide an "out" for brick and mortar retailers to not have to price match Costco (they show up as a different product and thus no price matching).

Even though the model numbers are different, often the differences in the actual product are either miniscule or non-existent. In some cases, even, the Costco version adds in peripherals that the standard retailers don't (HDMI cables, for instance).

I am a Costco member, and my most recent purchase there was a new printer. In doing my research, the Costco version of the printer was exactly the same as the non-Costco version - only the model number was different.

You could do some Google searching and that may provide an answer, or perhaps consider calling Samsung directly - I would expect them to be more likely to provide an answer than Costco.

Again, can't be 100% certain, but my gut tells me there's a very good chance it's the same set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks