What's new

Is There Any Reason Why DRAGONSLAYER Couldn't Get A Great 4K Release? (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Crossing my fingers, and hoping for the best.

"Ordinary People" never looked good on home video, but Paramount's most recent release was just awesome. And that was just standard Blu-Ray. I'm hoping for that, except better.
One does not need more than a “standard Blu-ray” for 90% of films.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Via Bill Hunt

Moving on to Paramount, retail sources are starting to indicate that the studio is planning to release Matthew Robbins’ Dragonslayer (1981) on 4K Ultra HD in January, with at least one listing the title for release on 1/10/23. I can confirm—based upon multiple sources—that the title is indeed coming and that it may even be a Paramount Presents title with at least one or two newly-created special features.

Source

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Sad Baby GIF

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll have to check mine.

UPDATE: showing as 4K Dolby Vision in the iTunes Store, but still HD on my Apple TV app on my phone.
I actually played the first ten minutes of the digital on my 4KAppleTV unit and it played back in 4K Dolby Vision.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Fired up the AppleTV app on my 4K display and started Dragonslayer. Dolby Vision logo popped up and looks pretty good. I’ll get a closer look to check out grain structure later on.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I watched some bits and pieces on iTunes last night and it looks good. Pretty sure there's still some 'grain management' here, but it's not heavy-handed. The colour seems a little muted to me, but I won't claim to remember exactly what it looked like in the cinema more than 40 years ago.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I just sampled it, and it is great. I'll hold off watching til I get the disc in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks