What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Is anyone looking forward to Matrix Revolutions DVD? (1 Viewer)

David L

Agent
I was just wondering if anyone was anticipating this release. It just seems really quiet about this title. I know I use "reloaded" as demo material, and I want to try the sentinal invasion on "revolutions."

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
I'm thinking about it, the movie wasn't horrible, and I could use it to complete the trilogy, while waiting for an SE of the original.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I'm getting it, but mainly because I want to have to whole trilogy in my collection. While I was fairly disappointed with the way it turned out (Hooray, we won...roll credits),
I still enjoyed the flick.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I was very disappointed with 'Reloaded' --- so much so that I didn't even bother with 'Revolutions'.

I would like to see a new transfer of the first movie as I enjoyed it. The current transfer lacks what DVD is capable of today.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I think I'm in the minority, but I thought REVOLUTIONS was awesome. Hell, I thought RELOADED was great. I think they will work much better when viewed as a whole. I cannot wait to see REVOLUTIONS again.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I agree with Dave.

I was so horribly disappointed with RELOADED
that I never even bothered to go see REVOLUTIONS.

Still, I bought the damn DVD only to have the
complete trilogy in my collection.

I'm really not looking forward to watching it,
and for that, perhaps I'll be pleasantly pleased.

....though based on all the reviews I have read
I'm sort of doubtful.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Im looking forward to it. I usually like stuff better the second time around

capt

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Revolutions makes Reloaded seem so much better in comparison :) And maybe it will be better the second time around....

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Ron, Revolutions is a lot better then the reviews indicated. It's not a great movie, and there are plenty of moments that fall flat, but it is an appropriate end to the series (with the exception of the very last scene). revolutions got such terrible reviews in my mind because Reloaded got good reviews across the board but the public didn't seem to care for it as much, so the critics gave Reloaded's reviews to Revolutions. Same thing happened with Star Wars II in my mind, Ep I got good to great reviews overall, but people didn't like it, so Ep II, a better movie in the eyes of most people, got far worse reviews.

Your best bet, though, like you said, is going into Revolutions expecting to hate it, and you'll be pleasantly surprised. that's what happened with me at least.

Lev-S

Second Unit
I loved the original Matrix to death, was floored by Reloaded, and I though Revolutions sucked all kinds of a$$. It just had too little of what makes the trilogy so cool: the matrix!!!!

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
The Matrix was great, Reloaded was okay, but flawed, and Revolutions was just terrible. I think that Reloaded and Revolutions should have been combined into one film.

Hans M.

Stunt Coordinator
Kinda liked Matrix-- Reloaded disappointed-- even on IMAX (though it gave superficial pleasure). Ignored going to see Revolutions on the big screen. Might rent it or borrow it. Would not own any of these soul-less flicks-- Want a movie experience that truly shows you what it feels like to be trapped in a "Matrix," does it more believably and with no digital effects, just masterful mise-en-scene? Then see the criminally overlooked eXistenZ (released at the time of the Matrix and lost in its shadow of hype).

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Personally I love all three films in the trilogy. I am eagerly awaiting the third film's release on DVD. The fact that the Wachowski's didn't go for the obvious, cliched ending to the series makes the film that much better. If the thread in Movies is any indication, I'm sure this thread will be littered with 'Revolutions sucks' posts making mine the minority opinion.

- Walter.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I loved Matrix Revolutions. I loved how the W. Bros made you ask more questions about what was going on and probe deeper to make you think instead of spoon feeding us. I thought the ending was perfect, far better than the standard Hollywood ending of the heroes winning and everything is lovey-dovey.

I'll be picking this up and making a day of watching all three movies back to back. I do shudder at the thought of what the PQ of Matrix is going to be like compared to Reloaded and Revolutions.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I definitely am. I thought the transfer on Reloaded was superb, and I can't wait to watch them both. I've always maintained that Reloaded and Revolutions work better as one film. Reloaded does OK by itself, but Revolutions absolutely needs Reloaded immediately preceding it to have any kind of emotional impact IMHO.

Can't wait to pick this up.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
A lot of people compare the original to 2 and 3. Honestly, though, I bet 2 and 3 are much closer to what the Wachowski's wanted to do. I'm sure being the first time out, they had to bend a little to studio "guidence". Not fact, just rampant speculation.

Kami

Screenwriter
Most definitely! While its my least favorite of the 3 Matrix movies, I still like it a lot. It's sure to have an amazing transfer just like Reloaded.

I reall want a new transfer for the first one though. Really starting to show its age.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Unlike most people I loved Reloaded, but I was very disappointed with Revolutions. In fact, the only movie I saw last year that I hated more was Hulk. I'll probably give Revolutions another chance on DVD, but I'm unsure as to whether it will be a rental or purchase.

Sven Lorenz

Supporting Actor
Just to show that every variation is covered - I thought Reloaded was terrible but I kinda liked Revolutions.

It almost makes up for the horrific Reloaded.

The ending was fitting because it

there couldn't have been a victory over the machines - Morpheus stated in the first movie that most people would die if they were unplugged from the Matrix.

So it followed a rule that was established in the first movie.

I believe that a good editor could turn the sequels into one great two-hour movie by taking about 15 minutes from Reloaded and the rest from Revolutions.

Most people fault Revolutions for not following up on some plot points from Reloaded - I think the fault lies with Reloaded for raising these useless plot points in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marv74BR
Recent bookmarks