What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Is anyone looking forward to Matrix Revolutions DVD? (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Just got my copy of Revolutions today and will be watching it tonight. Just gota wait for the wife to come home. She's a Matrix nut.

Kevin

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
I'm working on screengrabs right now. In the meantime, here is the bitrate for Revolutions:

Also, for those of you who haven't seen the film and are seeing it for the first time on DVD, DON'T LOOK AT THE LAST PAGE OF THE BOOKLET!! It reveals the ending.

WillKTaylor

Stunt Coordinator
I thoroughly enjoyed The Matrix and Animatrix, at least certain episodes of the latter. Animatrix's episodes 1 - 4 and 6 were extremely imaginative and nice additions to an already dying breed known as the Matrix. Some of these stories could hold their own without the original.

However, as expectations warrant, the follow ups were laughable .. residing simply on coolness factor and open pocket action effect sequences. Needless to say, there are some redeemable qualities to Reloaded and Revolutions, which I find suitable enough to join in on WB's marketing scheme to complete the set.

If anything, it's a I4 experience with better tie ins than Terminator III, which in my opinion, ranks higher for doing to its predecesors than what you would consider Ilsa. Call that exploitation.

CarlosL

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Carlos
What's happening during that big dropoff in bitrate around the 120 minute mark? Kinda sticks out from the rest of the graph.

David Ely

Supporting Actor

My guess is that's the start of the credits. The bitrate picks back up when the scrolling credits begin.

Seppo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Seppo
I liked The Matrix to some extent but thought Reloaded was quite awful apart from a few action sequences. I'll most likely just rent Revolutions from some local video rental store.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Can someone post a screengrab of Smith as he is floating in the air, flexing with all the lightning around him? I would love to get a grabof that

Magnus T

Supporting Actor
Sure thing, Sean. Give me 5 mins. ;)

Edit -

Smith's face isn't that clear when the lighting is behind him so I made 2 screengrabs of him from that shot.

Wouter Heyse

Agent
You know, when I saw this movie in the theater, I loved it, and I can't wait to own it on DVD. But my brother said something to me that I wonder about to this day. He mentioned how Reloaded seemed to be much more successful in Europe, compared to the US. And then he said that the same would probably be true, or even more true for Revolutions, because he thought that many Americans would hate it
because the hero AND the heroine die at the end

Now, I know many people on this forum have very good arguments for not liking this movie, but could this particular argument be true as far as the average moviegoer was concerned?

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
Absolutely, but the average moviegoer could have still been satisfied with the deaths if the rest of the film wasn't so poor. Anyone got stats on the Europe sales? I'd like to validate that claim.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Interesting take, Wouter... here's mine:

I believe Trinity should've died in Reloaded. That would've made that movie have more impact, and saved us from the ridiculous "pull the bullet out" sequence. Also, they killed her anyway in Revolutions, in a scene that's just plain PAINFUL to watch. I like the sequels overall, but that single change would've made them MUCH better. IMHO, of course, unless it's yours too.

But like I said earlier, Reloaded got better when I rewatched it on DVD (not to mention IMAX)... I've only seen Revolutions once, but will snap it up on DVD in hopes of it improving.

Gregory E

Second Unit
I was looking at some of those screen grabs from the Revolutions DVD and compared them to the ultra size Revolutions trailer. Although the DVD looks good, it isn't near the quality of the trailer shot (of course). Just makes me look forward to HD-DVD in the future......

-G

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks