What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Is anyone looking forward to Matrix Revolutions DVD? (1 Viewer)

Charlie B. Ch.

Stunt Coordinator
I anticipate that the DVD will have abundance of bass judging by the last scene in Reloaded. Therefore, I am looking forward to shaking my house with Revolution on the release night.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
I'll probably get Revolutions. Even though I didn't like it very much (thought it was utterly forgettable - and didn't come anywhere near the coolness of the Animatrix).

I liked Reloaded a lot though.

However, I expect the transfer for Rev. to be fantastic! The Dragon Ball Z homage will be a treat. :D

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I will pass on the single movie and wait for the inevitable box set. I agree that Reloaded and Revolutions probably should've been combined as one, cause Reloaded to me feels a bit like a middle filler and it drags more than it should. I still liked both movies probably better than most.

Bryant Trew

Second Unit
I thought the sequels were absolutely horrible when measured with the same stick used to measure other critically successful films. Nevertheless, as a film collector I will be buying it - there is something really amazing about the trilogy being so bad. I can't say exactly what, but I just think the poor quality of the sequels to be fascinating.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
I will be getting Revolutions, but only to complete the trilogy. I don't think viewed together will improve Reloaded and Revolutions at all. In fact, when all viewed together, I think it will only solidify how good "The Matix" is and how inferior the other two are. But I'll still be getting it.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I'll be picking it up. I really wasn't crazy about Reloaded, but was pleasantly surprised by Revolutions. Plus, my wife didn't get to catch it with me at the theater.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
I'll totally get it the day it comes out. I won't necessarily be proud of it... but yeah, it'll be mine. God damn it.

I will say, REVOLUTIONS makes RELOADED look like high art. Kinda the way THE PHANTOM MENACE greatly improved my opinion of RETURN OF THE JEDI! :D

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
Well I guess I'm definately in the minority here but Revolutions was by far my favorite of the 3 Matrix films. I'm no Matrix die hard by any stretch (just a casual fan), but I definately enjoyed it more than the others. The final fight had me so pumped up my leg was literally shaking in the theatre. And I personally loved the ending (even though I didn't totally understand the VERY last scene). I can't wait until the box set comes out (you know there's gotta be one in the works because of that last minute cancellation of the 1st Matrix's 2 disc set).

To me Revolutions ranks right up there with Terminator 2, Scarface, and the first two Die Hards as being my favorite action films.

Just my opinion.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I'm also in the minority, I liked Revolutions. When I look at it as an action flick it fares better in my eyes and I enjoy it.

Reloaded...if they didn't have so much damned fighting and CGI showing off it would've been better. Oh well, at least it has Monica Bellucci in it.

The first is and always will be the most compelling and interesting of the trilogy. I can watch it over and over and over...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
FYI: reviews for Revolutions will start to appear on Tuesday. That's the first day WB will allow sites to post.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
I am very excited for it. I preferred Reloaded, but found Revolutions a VERY satisfying conclusion to a brilliant trilogy.

Not long now!

Take care,
Chuck

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I did'nt much care for reloaded in the theater. I bought the DVD because I knew if would look and sound great and I wanted to give it another Chance. I have to admit When I watched reloaded after another viewing of the original, it played a little better but I still was'nt grabbed by it and I sat out going to see revolutions (Like alot of others did judging by the box office) I'll pick up revolutions to see the resolution and becasue once again it'll rock the system. But I think the problem with the sequels is that it lacked any characters i really cared about. When the machines were coming to Zion I really did'nt care what happened. One too many Agent Smith Battles I think, then when I saw the preview of Revolutions what do they play up another Neo/Agent Smith battle. Ho-Hum

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
That's close to what we've been working on here. However, the split is to take more of Reloaded (dropping the go-nowhere subplots) and a bit less than an hour of the conclusions from Revolutions.

I'll be picking up Revolutions (probably used as I will have to for Reloaded) for the purpose of putting this thing together. I think I'll have to scare up a copy of the score too.

Perhaps if a new transfer is available of the original in the fabled boxset, I might just get them that way.

Scott Burke

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott B.
I am also in the minority when I say I enjoyed all three films. I loved'em. I am waiting for the box set to come out in order to pick up revolutions. I was going to wait for reloaded, but best buy had it for 12.99. I couldn't pass it up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Anyone know if Best Buy will have a bonus DVD attached to the Revolutions DVD like the Reloaded DVD had when bought at Best Buy? I will get this DVD (I saw the film quite a few times on IMAX when it was in the theaters).

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
When my friends and I was Reloaded we came out saying it was cool. After a while when we gave it more perspective, we realized how much of a let down it really was!

Then we saw Revolutions and thought it was any other action/Sci-Fi movie. We enjoyed Terminator 3 more than Reloaded and Revolutions.

So yeah, I'll pick it up, just to finish up the DVD trilogy. If they come out with SE's, CE's, LE's down the line, I'm going to pass. Unless the sound quality improves (not that the current version sucks, I just thought it could have been more aggressive) or if a high quality and highly aggressive DTS track is included (but since this is WB I'll highly doubt the DTS track).

ErichH

Screenwriter
I for one, love all 3. I have no problem with the conclusion.
Much better than a typical payoff.
The DVD will get just as much play over time as the first 2.
E

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks