What's new

Iron Man 4 news (1 Viewer)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Okay: First question, IS there ever going to be one, or was 3 the Big Hasta-La-Vista Dark Knight Rises finale to the solo movies?

(There. That should keep the thread going.)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
I thought I had read somewhere that RDJr. said, "no mas", or something to that effect. :P Seriously, I don't think he wants to play IM anymore after this one.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
That's what I had hear as well; this and Avengers 2 was it, though an Avengers3 is possible.. but after that they want to move on to the second Marvel universe.. Guardians of the Galaxy/etc.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
RDJ was under contract for four films (three Iron Man films and The Avengers). However, you'd be crazy to think they don't want him back for The Avengers 2 or that he won't come back for it. He just gets to negotiate more now for a bigger payday. Though he already got a $50 million bonus for The Avengers (after it hit a certain box office milestone). While its a good possibility that Phase 3 won't have an Iron Man 4, I think it's quite likely they'll get him for Avengers 3 as well. I've never read of Downey saying he doesn't want to do anymore. I've only ever hear him say good things about working on these films, and I have read him saying that he'd like to do more as long as they have a good story to tell. And since there's decades of source material to pull from, it's ridiculous to think they could only come up with 3 stories worth telling. So, there will be more. As far as Marvel Studios, they have said that they plan on taking more of a "Bond approach" with their movies. They will continue their stories in the Universe they've put so much work into developing. None of this 3 movies then reboot and then another 3 and another reboot silliness. They said they'll recast characters like Tony Stark when the time comes. But they've also indicated that they'll want Downey as long as he's game. I think the "Phase" thing they're doing is a really cool thing. Phase One got it all going. Phase two looks to be going a little darker and is developing more of their cosmic stuff, which is a bit more risky but exciting too. Early word on Phase Three is they'll be getting in more new characters. Ant-Man officially kicks it off. Dr. Strange is very likely to happen in Phase 3. There's a good chance there'll be another solo Hulk movie in Phase three, and I'd pretty much expect Cap and Thor 3's. If Guardians works out (and while it is an unknown property to most, the info coming out on this one just keeps making it look cooler and cooler) then they will likely develop the cosmic stuff further with them. They are going to have lots of stuff they are going to want to get into Phase Three. So, maybe they won't use Iron Man again in P3 as a solo story and just save him for Avengers 3. Who knows? Just because they are expanding their story telling doesn't mean they have to abandon the core stuff. But they just will have more options and might not revisit that as much going forward.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Sean Bryan said:
RDJ was under contract for four films (three Iron Man films and The Avengers). However, you'd be crazy to think they don't want him back for The Avengers 2 or that he won't come back for it. He just gets to negotiate more now for a bigger payday. Though he already got a $50 million bonus for The Avengers (after it hit a certain box office milestone).
But if he's already earned somewhere near $100 million(?) from these 4 movies, he must be at a financial point where no amount of money will get him to come back if he's just not interested. That being said, the fun he's having in the role is palpable so I think they can get him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks