What's new

Indiana Jones and the great circle (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Said to take place around the time of 'Raiders of the Lost Ark" (1937).

I can't wait to see more about this. Great news for Indy fans.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
And hopefully not Xbox exclusive.
I doubt it. At some point you have to wonder why exclusives exist in the first place, and that goes especially for Sony. If you could get say a few million or more units pushed on another platform (God of War for example) why would you deprive yourself of that option? That is lot of extra cash.
gamers are still going to buy their favorite game system no matter what. The amount of gamers that will switch sides for an exclusive game has got to be reserved for the most die hard fanboys.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Bryan - the purchase of Bethesda isn't complete yet and this is a Lucasfilm property, so the contract was probably signed a while ago and multi-platform planning already established. That said, I could see MS making this a GamePass launch title.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
MachineGames is a great choice. They've had plenty of experience making narrative-heavy action games about punching Nazis in the face. I wonder if they're going to be using the id Tech engine? I always think of Indy games as being third-person, but I suppose a FPS direction wouldn't be impossible to pull off.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
MachineGames is a great choice. They've had plenty of experience making narrative-heavy action games about punching Nazis in the face. I wonder if they're going to be using the id Tech engine? I always think of Indy games as being third-person, but I suppose a FPS direction wouldn't be impossible to pull off.
I'd actually be pretty discouraged if the game isn't third person. My first choice for an Indiana Jones game.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I'd be okay with it if they used the plot of that great Fate Of Atlantis game, only make it less point and clicky for a modern audience.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Title reveal:

GEJy2arXoAAWYbq

Set between 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' and 'The Last Crusade,' the new adventure arrives later this year

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The amount of gamers that will switch sides for an exclusive game has got to be reserved for the most die hard fanboys.
Die hard fanboys will not switch sides for any game that is not released on the console of their choice. Console agnostics and soft console fan boys are a different matter.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
The game's POV will be like Cyberpunk 2077: First person for most of the action, with some pull-back into third person for specific actions like climbing. Also, MachineGames has honed FPS and first-person gameplay, so I wouldn't want them to go into... let's call it "uncharted" territory.

I am a HUGE fan of this approach, which Cyberpunk sold me on and which I think provides way more opportunities for cinematic moments (which a free camera can disrupt), but I realize that (based on what I've read) that most people want a third-person action game like Uncharted or Jedi Survivor.

In addition to any multi-platform plans, this will indeed be a Game Pass title (see the end of the trailer above). I'm excited for this.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
This is one case where I'd assume Microsoft was hands-off in letting MachineGames do what they wanted so I expect this will be good. That said, the title image in Alex's post is way too videogame-y for me to take it seriously as an Indiana Jones story. The title itself is also a bit simple so I'm not expecting anything too deep or complex.

I'm just happy that I have GamePass so I can get it for "free" right away.

This is sort of like Spider-man, in that the consoles that don't get it will be full of unhappy gamers but it's also not so huge that people will jump ship. That said, console fanboyism is a bad thing and people should try to get each platform if they can. I don't have an issue with exclusives (without them, there'd be basically no reason to buy any particular platform over another).

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
I loved the three Wolfenstein games they made (The New Order / Old Blood, and The New Colossus), especially in the character and storytelling department. The writing is also really smart. I have little doubt they'll have the technical chops to create a game that feels kinetic and fun, but the story's the main thing, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
If Bethesda is involved, they will manage to make it boring. It actually sounds Luke they got Ford to do the voice. Either that or they got one hell of a good voice impersonator.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
It's not really Bethesda, it's one of the companies they own. MachineGame made the last 3 Wolfenstein games (as Steve said) and they're all REALLY good. The voice actor is not Ford, it's Troy Baker. He's been in a ton of games.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It's not really Bethesda, it's one of the companies they own. MachineGame made the last 3 Wolfenstein games (as Steve said) and they're all REALLY good. The voice actor is not Ford, it's Troy Baker. He's been in a ton of games.
I have "Old Blood". I never finished it. I got stuck in some room and never could get past it. The VA sounded a lot like Ford at points or my ears are just old.

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
People bag on Baker because he's hired for everything with a budget, but I think his take on Ford's "Indy voice" is really good. His natural voice is not so far off from that, so I think it was a good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks