What's new

I need your advice please! (1 Viewer)

Morry

Auditioning
Real Name
Morry Korman
I have a Boston MicroSystem9500 Micro speaker system. It now consists of a sub woofer, 2 side speakers and a center channel. I bought this new 18 years ago. I have not used it for about 16 years. I now am considering using this system to listen to music . . . mostly classical. Will this system that I have in new condition work well for the purpose I now have for it?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Any speakers you have are better than ones you don't have. Sure,they'll be fine, but don't expect them to knock your socks off. BTW, that isn't really a subwoofer. It's a bass module, which is needed since the satellites are so small and can't reproduce any bass at all. A real subwoofer could be added to them.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
Using satellite sized speaker for movies is one thing, but if you're listing to detailed music I think you're going to want a decent set of bookshelf speakers. Like John said, it's better than nothing, but you'll be happier with an upgrade. We love to spend other people's money, so when the time comes if you provide a budget you'll get some options.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks