What's new

"I" have a problem with my bass. (1 Viewer)

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I have about 6000 cubed plus openings to a hallway and a stairwell to fill with glorious bass. Currently, the original Dual SVS CS Ultra package, serial numbers 16 and 17 is providing all the bottom. The Ultras are on the back wall split on either side of the seating area. I've tried them in various locations "stacked" and apart but the current setup with BFD yields the best results most likely because I got tired of moving them all over the place.

Talk of the Epik 18" Conquest "pressurizing a room with bass" and the sheer prowess of the 435lb ED dual 18" 97-900 have peaked my interest. Can't really beat these offerings with a walking tall stick for $2000 or less delivered. I remember plunking down a few hundred more for the Ultras. I really like the one box solution to big bass in big areas and I have the room to easily accommodate both offerings.

So what is my problem?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Ultras. "I" have the problem. They do a fine a job but they will most likely be available to someone at a good price along with a Samson amp very soon.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The only sub with more output than the Epik or ED would be a multiple driver IB. It's considerably cheaper but some DIY skills are needed. As well as an ajacent room, attic or basement to contain the back wave. My theater is around 3,000 cubic feet and I'm installing four 18" subs with the option of four additional ones.

-Robert

SherardP

Stunt Coordinator
that conquest is a beast, Im thinking of selling my dual PB12+2s and going dual Epik Conquest. How does yours sounds, Im mainly 60% games/movies, 40% music.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
It is definitely a beast and so far so good. I never envisioned having to admit that there is just a little to much bass in my 6600 cubed playpen and turn it down. It is hands down awesome with HT and suprisingly nimble with music. My personal music taste leans toward any genre of Jazz; Old Motown and its covers; and anything with some goood solid guitar playin' like Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, Charles Mingus, Bo Diddley, Robert Cray, any kind of Blues plus too much more to list. The conquest is seamless to my ears within the confines of my music preference.

I love it! :D

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
It has dual 6" ports.

On another note, after numerous tries at placement and position within the undescribably ugly sonics of my room, I achieved the flatest response with the sub upside down (driver on bottom, ports on top) in the back right corner of the area. I guess you could call it a workout wrestling a 200 lb sub rightside up, sideways, upside down, front facing and rear facing at 5 prospective resting places. Whew !!!

Raymond lee Leggs

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Raymond Lee Leggs

I'm not worried about the size of the ports, But what what the output would be like! :eek:

Or worse what could fit into the Ports!:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks