What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Hulu to Revive Veronica Mars (1 Viewer)

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
I posted something about this in the Robert Harris "A Few Words About...™ Veronica Mars (Feature) -- in Blu-ray" thread, but thought this news deserved its own. According to several sites now, Hulu is thisclose to bringing Veronica Mars back to the airwaves!

https://ew.com/tv/2018/08/21/veronica-mars-hulu/

This link is where I first read this news, but if it happens, Marshmallows everywhere can rejoice once again!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna903281

The 2014 movie, which despite mixed reviews would make a potentially good jumping off point for the reboot, ended with Mars taking over her father’s detective business in her hometown. Kristen Bell, who has been pushing for this mini-series since the end of 2017, is well known as a wholesome, church-going star.

Just read another exciting article about this project that implies the 2014 Veronica Mars movie would help set up the new series! I can't wait! Sure hope this happens! :dancing-banana-04:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Yes, eight episodes, and already three of the original cast (along with Kristin) have signed for the new season. I will be very disappointed, however, if Enrico Colantani doesn't come back. His character Keith's chemistry with daughter Veronica makes the show for me.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Ryan Hansen joins Veronica Mars revival — and everything else we know

https://ew.com/tv/2018/10/30/veroni...hansen-everything-we-know/amp/?xid=amprecirc1

According to the article:
In addition to Hansen, the series has locked in many of the actors playing major characters, including, of course, Bell in the title role; Enrico Colantoni as her father, Keith; Percy Daggs as BFF Wallace; Francis Capra as (reformed?) biker gang member Weevil; and Jason Dohring as on/off boyfriend Logan Echolls.

Really looking forward to this! Thanks to Hulu for picking it up!

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I missed all previous info about this Hulu revival (other distractions), so this is a great Halloween treat seeing this thread today!

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Veronica Mars Revival: Everything We Know So Far

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tvguide.com/amp/news/veronica-mars-revival-everything-we-know/

By Kaitlin Thomas, TVGuide
Nov 15, 2018 3:52 PM EST

After three seasons, a crowd-funded feature film, and two novels, Veronica Mars is returning to Neptune for a new limited series on Hulu. The neo-noir series starring Kristen Bell became a fan favorite during its initial run on UPN and The CW before helping to usher in the revival and reboot trend way back in 2013, when Bell and creator Rob Thomaslaunched a Kickstarter to fund a follow-up movie. It only makes sense then that the series would want to get in on the revival action again before the wave eventually (hopefully) ends.

Of course, the times have changed quite a bit in the five years since fans ponied up the cash for the chance to return to Neptune; now every show that might have once made someone feel something in their heart region is being considered as a possible reboot or revival. But Veronica Mars is the only series that has the narrative depth and the continued interest of fans to be able to pull off a revival twice.

"People are wondering what Veronica Mars is doing right now," Kristen Bell told SiriusXM's EW Radio when asked about the new series. "There's never been a lapse in the fanbase. When I allude to anything Veronica Mars online, people lose their marbles. And it's so wonderful and cute to know that it means something to people still."

What we know:

It's coming in 2019. We don't really know when in 2019 Bell's titular sleuth will return, but at some point in those 12 months, it will definitely, for sure happen. Our best guess is probably summer, since that's when the first three seasons, as well as the 2014 feature film, will be available to stream exclusively on Hulu.

The old gang is getting back together. In addition to Bell, Jason Dohring, who plays Veronica's very much on-again boyfriend Logan Echolls — at least we hope they're still on after rekindling their relationship in the feature film — is set to return as everyone's favorite former bad boy/current navy pilot. It should come as no surprise that Enrico Colantoni is also back as Veronica's father Keith, because there is no Veronica Mars without Keith.

Also confirmed to be returning are Percy Daggs III as Veronica's best friend Wallace Fennel, Francis Capra as everyone's favorite biker with a soft side Eli "Weevil" Navarro, Max Greenfield as Veronica's former boyfriend and current detective Leo D'Amato, and Daran Norrisas the lawyer with a voice for radio Cliff McCormack. Ryan Hansen, who plays fan favorite character Dick Casablancas, will also be back, as will David Starzyk, who plays Dick's father Richard.

Unfortunately, there's no word yet about Tina Majorino, who plays Mac, but we're keeping our fingers crossed.

It is an eight-episode limited series.Limited series are all the rage now, especially since the word limited apparently has no meaning! You can call something a limited series but then later change your mind and then everyone else just has to accept it! So will this be the last time we revisit Veronica Mars? Maybe! Who knows?! Not us! Bell said she was up for playing Veronica "as long as we feel there's a hunger for Veronica Mars, and the world still needs to see her fight the good fight, and it still feels topical."

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This is a problem.

I don't have time to rewatch the original three seasons and the movie.

I don't know if I'm going to extend my Hulu subscription, or just cancel it.

Seriously, Hulu, why are you doing this me?!?!?

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
This is a problem.

I don't have time to rewatch the original three seasons and the movie.

I don't know if I'm going to extend my Hulu subscription, or just cancel it.

Seriously, Hulu, why are you doing this me?!?!?

If you are thinking about getting Disney+ this Fall, Disney will likely offer some type of discounted package deal for Hulu and Disney+ (and ESPN+).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks