What's new

House on Haunted Hill 3D (AIPOP) Edition (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
My copy came today, and I watched the polarized 3D version immediately. Super job on the conversion! If I didn't know better, I might think it was actually filmed in 3D. There is a wonderful sense of depth added to almost every shot, and the pop outs are great! Honestly, with some of the overhead shots, the 3D sense of depth with objects existing on multiple planes was really breathtaking at times. Well worth the investment if you like 3D and like the movie.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Finally had time to watch. Looks terrific. Not perfect 3D, but quite good overall. Adds a great touch to a film like this. I’m sure William Castle would approve.

In addition, the 2D version also looks excellent - better quality than the open matte iTunes HD, and the theatrical AR. Although I don’t think open matte harms this film terribly, this new 2D is the first and only HD version available in the theatrical aspect ratio.

Thank you Deep Vision!

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I decided to order this and it shipped, but without a tracking number or anything to be helpful. For those who received it, how was it sent and where was it sent from ? US ? UK? Their website is really odd to me. I did email them and so far that hasnt been helpful either. I thought maybe a forum member who has the Blu-ray could help :)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I decided to order this and it shipped, but without a tracking number or anything to be helpful. For those who received it, how was it sent and where was it sent from ? US ? UK? Their website is really odd to me. I did email them and so far that hasnt been helpful either. I thought maybe a forum member who has the Blu-ray could help :)
I was a backer, though to be honest I didn't really pay close attention to the shipping. It seemed like before I even realized it had shipped that it was in my mailbox.

I do recall that they said physical stock was placed with a US distributor and was shipped to US-based backers. Not sure if that's the case for current individual US-based orders.

This was the shipping info on the original KS campaign:

SHIPPING
Please note this disc is manufactured in and ships from the USA and as such may take 2-4 weeks to destinations outside the US.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I always want a tracking number to keep on top of things I ordered, we are in the 21st Century. There is no reason why a tracking number cannot be included on anything we buy these days.

cda1143

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I was a backer, though to be honest I didn't really pay close attention to the shipping. It seemed like before I even realized it had shipped that it was in my mailbox.

I do recall that they said physical stock was placed with a US distributor and was shipped to US-based backers. Not sure if that's the case for current individual US-based orders.

SHIPPING
Please note this disc is manufactured in and ships from the USA and as such may take 2-4 weeks to destinations outside the US.
Confirmed. I’m in the US east coast. If I recall, mine was shipped from San Francisco.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier

SHIPPING
I assumed that since they were working through a US based distributor for the US market that these were sent to the customers and project supporters, I being one as well, were to be sent not from the UK directly, but here in the US though the distributor.
I did not recieve tracking either, so again I assume that it was the US distributor that didn't bother to give us the heads up on delivery, and NOT the folks AIPOP.

Artanis

Second Unit
Real Name
Curt
I wonder if the studio approached DVS, provided some cash, and got additional marketing. Studios in the past have drawn the gauntlet on even fan made tribute trailers. Curious how this came about.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks