What's new

3D Blu-ray Review Cease Fire: THE HTF 3D ADDICT REVIEW (1 Viewer)

John Maher_289910

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Maher
I watched CEASE FIRE over the weekend, and WOW!!!!!! Breathtaking 3D images, and a mind-bogglingly great directional soundtrack. The line deliveries were all perfectly acceptable to me. so no quibble, at all with the acting of the real-life soldiers. I am so happy to have this title in my collection. It's right up there with HOUSE OF WAX and CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON as an exceptional example of how great 3D can look in a home-viewing environment. Thank you 3D Archives for your continued efforts with preserving these unsung wonders!

Dstevenb

Grip
Real Name
Dwight
The bluray of Cease Fire is certainly one of the most immersive war films I have ever watched. The 3D is absolutely astounding. The image quality is second to none, the Sound is amazing. Run, do not walk to the nearest retailer and buy this film.

DK1960

Auditioning
Real Name
David
No problem Bob. Review has been posted on Amazon.

DK1960 it is definitely a Region A bluray.
Thanks. Went to Blu-ray.com. Said it’s region A but hasn’t been tested on for region B,C. So I’m going to take a chance and hope it isn’t locked.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched Cease Fire! this afternoon in 3D, and the opening credit alone with the cannon and main titles inches from my face was worth the price of the disc. The 3D throughout is magnificent, and I got engaged in the story even with some of the flat acting and less than inspired direction. With snipers and mine fields and surprise attacks, it's got a lot more action than I was expecting.

And that terrific DTS-HD MA 3.0 surround sound with the fully directional dialogue really made this relic from 3D's Golden Age something special.

Many congratulations to the 3-D Film Archive for another sterling recovery job!

Douglas R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
That opening cannon shot certainly made me flinch! Interesting film, especially considering present events in N. Korea. Glad to have another 1950s 3-D film to tick off from the list.

Superb Dimitri Tiomkin score. Very typical of so many of his other scores, especially GUNS OF NAVARONE. Hmm. I seem to recall a cannon or two in that film as well.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
This is going to sound silly, but can this be viewed in 2D? I don't have the display nor the eyes to enjoy this in the way it was intended, but I'd still like to watch the movie.

I'm reasonably confident that I know what my answer is going to be, but I don't always assume correctly, so i figured I better ask before ordering this one.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
This is going to sound silly, but can this be viewed in 2D? I don't have the display nor the eyes to enjoy this in the way it was intended, but I'd still like to watch the movie.

I'm reasonably confident that I know what my answer is going to be, but I don't always assume correctly, so i figured I better ask before ordering this one.
Oh, yes. The 2D version is right there for selection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks