What's new

House on Haunted Hill 3D (AIPOP) Edition (1 Viewer)

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
When will the actual movie on blu ray be available? What is the website for ordering?

Camps

Screenwriter
Real Name
Tom

Peter Keller

Agent
Real Name
Peter
Someone at another forum responded…

“It does not
icon_sad.gif

Accessibility is important. Unfortunately, affordable authoring software for 3D Bluray Discs is limited and many features are deprecated. We haven’t been able to find a solution within a manageable budget that supports 3D subtitles along with all the other options we need. (Licenses for the industry standard Scenarist software run well into 5 digit territory.)

That was a tough compromise,.I have some ideas and I’m still hopeful we can find a creative way to make it happen.”

😑

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Does anyone know how much better the blu ray of this is compared to the DVD? I would prefer the blu but noticed the huge difference in price.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Does anyone know how much better the blu ray of this is compared to the DVD? I would prefer the blu but noticed the huge difference in price.
Tim I would imagine that there would be an improvment in both video and presentation quality compairable with other film releases, this just adds 3D in the mix.

And since this title is going away and falling into the hands of the scalpers @eBay. All I can tell you is the old adage "He who hesitates is lost"!!

vincent price horror GIF

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
Tim I would imagine that there would be an improvment in both video and presentation quality compairable with other film releases, this just adds 3D in the mix.

And since this title is going away and falling into the hands of the scalpers @eBay. All I can tell you is the old adage "He who hesitates is lost"!!

vincent price horror GIF
After some thought, I bought the blu ray version as I hardly ever buy DVDs now unless it is something I can only get on DVD. I really don't care about those extras in the blu ray. I just wanted a really good copy to replace the old Warner Bros disc with the snap case that I bought years ago. However, over $38.00 with shipping is a really high price to pay. It would have been nice if it was a bit lower.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
After some thought, I bought the blu ray version as I hardly ever buy DVDs now unless it is something I can only get on DVD. I really don't care about those extras in the blu ray. I just wanted a really good copy to replace the old Warner Bros disc with the snap case that I bought years ago. However, over $38.00 with shipping is a really high price to pay. It would have been nice if it was a bit lower.
That sounds in line with what Kickstarter backers paid. They're not likely to sell it for less than that, especially with only limited copies available.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That sounds in line with what Kickstarter backers paid. They're not likely to sell it for less than that, especially with only limited copies available.
agreed, I was one of the backers. This is not just about getting a copy, but also to help support smaller outfits that have a fun idea, and help them to create something that wasn't there before. This way you can share and benefit from the project.

How many times have you missed the opprotuiny of aquiring a movie and said to yourself...Wow, HOW MUCH!!!! I remember when I could have gitten it for $>>> now a new copy is $300 +, because it's OOP!!!

timk1041

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
agreed, I was one of the backers. This is not just about getting a copy, but also to help support smaller outfits that have a fun idea, and help them to create something that wasn't there before. This way you can share and benefit from the project.

How many times have you missed the opprotuiny of aquiring a movie and said to yourself...Wow, HOW MUCH!!!! I remember when I could have gitten it for $>>> now a new copy is $300 +, because it's OOP!!!
That's true. I am sure I will enjoy this even though buying it cost a bit much. Nice they include the 3-D glasses for those like me that don't have the equipment to view 3-D.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
That's true. I am sure I will enjoy this even though buying it cost a bit much. Nice they include the 3-D glasses for those like me that don't have the equipment to view 3-D.
Both polorized and anagliph versions are super nice, not to mention the 2d is a clean a copy as I've ever seen. On disc 2 the guy that did all the 3d magic goes into detial as to the constrution of just about each critical scene of HOHH...and the commetary on the polorized version is fun as well.

You can tell that it was a real "flying by the seat of your pants" experience, yet he has such a natural feel for the program that he has been able to use the AI and the program to optimum results...

Last edited:

Richard Kaufman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Richard Kaufman
Watched "House on Haunted Hill" last night in its anaglyph presentation. Great 3D! There were a few odd moments in the 3D, where things (like a hand) seemed detached from elements at a different level of depth (like the person), but overall great. On to "Nightmare Castle" tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks